Join for free
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Fire and Ice
Crewe
Fire and Ice is male 

18-01-2017, 01:08 AM

Re: The PMs Speech

Maggie May does indeed make soothing noises, however we still need to keep the pressure on to make sure she walks the walk
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Very happy with Teresa May's speech.

I said in other threads in which Flicker was berating us and spreading doom and gloom, that she was stuck in a binary thought process. That the options were not simply A or B.

I said specifically that BrExit would lead to a "New Way" which would emerge from the ashes of our EU membership divorce.

Today Ms May said:

"And that is why we seek a new and equal partnership – between an independent, self-governing, Global Britain and our friends and allies in the EU.

Not partial membership of the European Union, associate membership of the European Union, or anything that leaves us half-in, half-out. We do not seek to adopt a model already enjoyed by other countries. We do not seek to hold on to bits of membership as we leave"

We couldn't ask for more imo.

We ARE going our own way, the EU WILL have to play ball and negotiate reasonable trade deals and I hear also that Mr Trump is overturning Obama's previous pathetic rhetoric when he said Britain would go to the back of the queue.
For a country that has for years stated that the US has a "special relationship" with the UK, Obama's "back of the queue" sound bites were frankly pathetic and a betrayal of years of international alliance.

Well done Trump for putting that straight.

All is going to be just fine and when other EU members see how successful and prosperous the UK will be from divorcing the corrupt EU Federation, they will themselves begin their own Exits.
I was generally very happy with TM's speech and especially the section above that I have emboldened.

However, I seem to remember her speaking words to the effect that, although we shall not be paying millions into the EU as at present, she did not discount the possibility of our making some limited payments to them in the future.

I may have missed something, but I don't remember her specifying what sort of payments they might be.

Did anyone hear any further details of such payments?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Fire and Ice ->
Maggie May does indeed make soothing noises, however we still need to keep the pressure on to make sure she walks the walk
Hello stranger..
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 02:02 AM

Hi

The mess we are in.

At the current rate of progress it will take 24 years to get rid of the illegals.

This is so, so wrong.

We have genuine UK Citizens who have married Foreigners who are no threat to us and who are no drain on our resources.

Nigel Farage has a German Wife, I have no issue with this at all.

She should be allowed to stay.

The issue I have is with those who who come here because of our Benefits System.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I do not consider myself Racist because of my view on this matter.

Those who come here, are hard working, do not rely on Benefits and accept our way of life, which is everyone is Equal, be they male or female are fine by me.

I do not want a single Illegal here, and in particular, I do not want a single Radical Muslim here, they can Naff Off, it is not what we are about.

I object very strongly to those who think every immigrant are scum.

We need a sea change on this,

We have Gurkhas here, no threat to us at all, when they finish, we should let them and their families here, a reward for them.

We have Muslim Interpreters working for us abroad, at great danger to themselves and their families.

They hate the Radicals and protect our Troops, they should be here as well.

A great asset to us.

These are the people we should welcome with open arms.

All the others who enter illegally can swan off as far as I am concerned.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 08:04 AM

I cannot help but think approaching the negotiations by getting up the collective noses of the 27 remaining EU countries is not a good idea. Especially as we will be in a position of weakness unless the kamikaze option, to satisfy the headbangers and foreign/tax exile owned Right wing press, is pursued, when weakness doesn't really matter.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I was generally very happy with TM's speech and especially the section above that I have emboldened.

However, I seem to remember her speaking words to the effect that, although we shall not be paying millions into the EU as at present, she did not discount the possibility of our making some limited payments to them in the future.

I may have missed something, but I don't remember her specifying what sort of payments they might be.

Did anyone hear any further details of such payments?
Hi

It would be madness not to pay into the system for some things.

We have no way of maintaining our surveillance satellites without EU involvement.

This would put our Military at risk, simply not on as far as I am concerned.

We need to continue paying into the EU GPS system, at the minute we use the USA one, the EU one is far more accurate and when fully functioning will reduce Dead Space by over 90 %.

We need to continue to pay into Europol, simply to our advantage.

Again, we need to contribute to joint efforts to stop the influx of Migrants, this would be a money earner for us, so no problems there.

Finally, and this is the big one, we need to keep France and Ireland happy.

It would cost us far more if they did not act as our Border Control.

I am quite happy to chuck a couple of £ Billion a year to the EU for this, simply because it is good value for money, it would cost us more to go it alone,
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
hi

the mess we are in.

At the current rate of progress it will take 24 years to get rid of the illegals.

This is so, so wrong.

We have genuine uk citizens who have married foreigners who are no threat to us and who are no drain on our resources.

Nigel farage has a german wife, i have no issue with this at all.

She should be allowed to stay.

The issue i have is with those who who come here because of our benefits system.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I do not consider myself racist because of my view on this matter.

Those who come here, are hard working, do not rely on benefits and accept our way of life, which is everyone is equal, be they male or female are fine by me.

I do not want a single illegal here, and in particular, i do not want a single radical muslim here, they can naff off, it is not what we are about.

I object very strongly to those who think every immigrant are scum.

We need a sea change on this,

we have gurkhas here, no threat to us at all, when they finish, we should let them and their families here, a reward for them.

We have muslim interpreters working for us abroad, at great danger to themselves and their families.

They hate the radicals and protect our troops, they should be here as well.

A great asset to us.

These are the people we should welcome with open arms.

All the others who enter illegally can swan off as far as i am concerned.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-01-2017, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It would be madness not to pay into the system for some things.

We have no way of maintaining our surveillance satellites without EU involvement.

This would put our Military at risk, simply not on as far as I am concerned.

We need to continue paying into the EU GPS system, at the minute we use the USA one, the EU one is far more accurate and when fully functioning will reduce Dead Space by over 90 %.

We need to continue to pay into Europol, simply to our advantage.

Again, we need to contribute to joint efforts to stop the influx of Migrants, this would be a money earner for us, so no problems there.

Finally, and this is the big one, we need to keep France and Ireland happy.

It would cost us far more if they did not act as our Border Control.

I am quite happy to chuck a couple of £ Billion a year to the EU for this, simply because it is good value for money, it would cost us more to go it alone,
And perhaps, for the sake of fairness, we should insist that EU countries pay something towards the services which we supply to them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-01-2017, 09:42 AM

I'm sure others have heard the same on the news today. There is yet another group of objectors who are taking legal steps to oppose Brexit.

I don't know whether they are in receipt of legal aid(!), but I do know that some lunatic judge has decided that they remain anonymous 'for their own protection'.

So here we have a group of unhappy people who are permitted to challenge a democratic decision, yet no-one is allowed to know who they are!

Only in broken Britain!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 10:23 AM

The Guardian predictably rubbished the speech and says we all have been betrayed.

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top