Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 02:17 PM

Re: Supreme Court Brexit Ruling: Government Must Consult MPs Over Article 50

Hi

It is not uncommon to have majority verdicts.

All the Judges agreed that the referendum result must stand, that is the crucial point.

As for what was done wrong, the new Bill explains it very simply.

Who was responsible?

Cameron was, he signed it off. if you are the Boss, you carry the can.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
So why was there no such arguing and court cases in the years when we were happily handing over more and more rights to the EU?

As I remember, there were no referenda and no objections leading to legal cases. PMs and their ministers happily gave away of our sovereignty bit by bit. That seemed to be legally acceptable, didn't it?

So what's the difference today? Trendy lefty-liberal do-gooders trying to get their own way because they are not happy with a democratic decision. A relatively recent phenomenon.
Because nobody understood what was happening or if they did they couldn't have cared less. We all complained about the giving away more sovereignty but only to ourselves. That of course and the fact that the Pro Europeans were in the driving seat. People should thank their lucky stars David Cameron gave way to pressure from Ukip and also his own side.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 02:57 PM

This is getting silly. You seem to be determined to either misunderstand or deliberately twist what I am saying. l I understand your anger but all I'm doing is stating the reasons why the judges had to decide a course of action as they did. My personal opinion is we should never have entered the common market as it was when I voted against it. I haven't changed my opinion, in fact it has hardened.

I still believe in a democracy others will feel differently and have a right to say and act so. You are have no need to attack your allies we are on the same side. Perhaps your annoyance should be directed at Gina Miller any way, not wanting to keep going round in circles I shall Bow out
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK

26-01-2017, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I think their ruling on this issue is based largely on the precedent set circa 1649 following the Civil War when it was being determined whether the crown or parliament held sway.
I think you're right Joe.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 12:34 PM

and here I thought it is DEMOCRACY that counts and that any decision made by DEMOCRACY holds.

Well you lost.

Suck it up. What you wanted to do is ILLEGAL by constitution.

There will also be another vote in Parliament on the final deal. Then voted on by all 27 other countries.

That makes "get on with it" rather ridiculous...since there is still no deal (s) to be voted on.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
and here I thought it is DEMOCRACY that counts and that any decision made by DEMOCRACY holds.

Well you lost.

Suck it up. What you wanted to do is ILLEGAL by constitution.

There will also be another vote in Parliament on the final deal. Then voted on by all 27 other countries.

That makes "get on with it" rather ridiculous...since there is still no deal (s) to be voted on.
Hi

No, democracy, ie the referendum stands, the Judges agreed that, what has been changed is the process, not the result, an entirely different think.

Get on with it refers to triggering Article 50.

We could have negotiated with the EU before then, but that was stopped by the EU, it was offered by the UK.

It is not the UK being unreasonable.

I find it hilarious that Juncker is threatening the UK about becoming a Tax Haven, which is exactly what his Country, Luxembourg, is.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

No, democracy, ie the referendum stands, the Judges agreed that, what has been changed is the process, not the result, an entirely different think.

Get on with it refers to triggering Article 50.

We could have negotiated with the EU before then, but that was stopped by the EU, it was offered by the UK.

It is not the UK being unreasonable.

I find it hilarious that Juncker is threatening the UK about becoming a Tax Haven, which is exactly what his Country, Luxembourg, is.
Yes Swimmy, I heard that the referendum vote will stand, last night. I also heard that Corbyn is asking his party members to support this, and those who can't are likely to leave.
Theresa May appears to be well supported in the USA, by the Republicans so, although we may have some hard times to come in the next couple of years, I am hopeful that MP's have learned that the public must be listened to. No matter whether they are to the left, or the right, they will only hold on to their jobs if they work together to restore GB to the strong independent country it used to be.
That is what the democratic vote wanted!

Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top