Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 01:54 PM

Re: Yoga - health benefits

Try a class Bratti, you can always leave again if you don't like it, just make sure you find a decent instructor.

I like the group thing myself, because I like the company of like-minded people around me and seeing how others interpret the exercises too.
Everybody has their own capabilities, so it's interesting watching others.
Also, if others are much better than me, I see what can be achieved and it spurs me on to try harder.

There is also an instructor to check whether you are doing things right or not, which is good, as no point carrying on the wrong way and not knowing.

My Wednesday lady explains why we do certain things, and which organs it is helping, which is better than just copying without understanding.

We never stop learning from others.
Good luck.
damon
New Member!
Australia
damon is male 

11-07-2018, 07:30 AM

About yoga classes i would suggest you go to a proper class if possible though, just in case you do something wrong on your own and hurt yourself, i like doing it in the company of others anyway...
watsonwillam
Australia
watsonwillam is male 

27-11-2018, 07:53 AM

Enhance adaptability, quality, and stance. Every day yoga practice will encourage stretch and tone your body muscles.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 05:05 AM

I wish there was a like button here.
Thanks Mups. I’ve recently joined a gym. I go mainly to swim but the membership includes yoga classes and I’ve thought about going but I actually really enjoy doing yoga by myself. It’s almost like prayer or meditation to me. I still do my yoga almost daily and and it helps to keep the pain away.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top