Join for free
Page 11 of 66 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 08:18 PM

Re: Not going too well for Brexit!!!

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
There seems to be a 'head of steam' building for another referendum, and it would further seem that it is by no means certain that the 'Leave' camp would win such referendum.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8486021.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8488001.html
Ah, the completely unbiased 'Independent' continuing to participate in 'Project Fear'!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Ah, the completely unbiased 'Independent' continuing to participate in 'Project Fear'!
Hi JBR!

If you take on board the fact that the survey was 15000 voters, spread over 632 seats, you have to notice that only 23.7 people would be surveyed in each "seat".

So when they talk about the biggest swing, of 14.4% - (their figure) being in Liverpool Walton, the arithmetic comes out that, if there was a shift of 14.3% of the 23.7 calculated above that means that only 3 people changed their vote!

Talk about using statistics to sway the thinking!!!!

It all means that only 3 people, in the biggest shift seat, changed their views.

Less in the other seats!

Add to that - there is no mention of the seats which might have moved more towards Brexit!

Statistics can always be bent to effect to user's wishes!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Hi JBR!

If you take on board the fact that the survey was 15000 voters, spread over 632 seats, you have to notice that only 23.7 people would be surveyed in each "seat".

So when they talk about the biggest swing, of 14.4% - (their figure) being in Liverpool Walton, the arithmetic comes out that, if there was a shift of 14.3% of the 23.7 calculated above that means that only 3 people changed their vote!

Talk about using statistics to sway the thinking!!!!

It all means that only 3 people, in the biggest shift seat, changed their views.

Less in the other seats!

Add to that - there is no mention of the seats which might have moved more towards Brexit!

Statistics can always be bent to effect to user's wishes!
Well explained, thanks.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 05:36 AM

Hi

There is nothing wrong with either the sample size or the maths.

They both give an accurate result if you where sampling ball bearings or bags of sugar.

Polls are often wrong however, as we found out in the last election where May lost her majority.

This is because people change their minds, bags of sugar do not.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 12:35 PM

Afternoon all, Swimmy, must admit,as someone who voted to leave, your comments have surprised me also. To say that the UK is the only one to "chicken out and run away" is a remark one would expect from the Remainer camp, certainly not from someone who voted leave.

I can only assume that by making that remark, what you believe is that it would have been better if we could have stayed and fought the battle over Immigration within the EU as a member, but as Cameron's pathetic pleadings fell on deaf ears by the two countries that really believe they are the true rulers of the EU - France and Germany - with the rest of the Commission, that is the reason you voted to leave??

Correct me of course if I am wrong, otherwise I would never expect such a comment from someone who purports to have voted leave.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Afternoon all, Swimmy, must admit,as someone who voted to leave, your comments have surprised me also. To say that the UK is the only one to "chicken out and run away" is a remark one would expect from the Remainer camp, certainly not from someone who voted leave.

I can only assume that by making that remark, what you believe is that it would have been better if we could have stayed and fought the battle over Immigration within the EU as a member, but as Cameron's pathetic pleadings fell on deaf ears by the two countries that really believe they are the true rulers of the EU - France and Germany - with the rest of the Commission, that is the reason you voted to leave??

Correct me of course if I am wrong, otherwise I would never expect such a comment from someone who purports to have voted leave.
Hi

I voted to leave because of the ineptitude of our Politicians, nothing more, nothing less.

I could see them going more and more down the line of a Federal EU, not something for me.

The EU could have been good for us, we were a major contributor and should have been using that in the same way France and Germany do.

Blair and Brown were bad enough at selling us down the line, but Cameron was a complete wimp.

He went and asked for permission to do things other EU Countries just did without asking.

Child Benefits, other Benefits, controlling EU Immigration etc.

The Visigrad Group have refused point blank to following the diktats of Juncker and Co, closed their Borders and refused to accept a single Economic Migrant.

Denmark and Austria have recently taken drastic action completely contrary to EU Rules.

None of them have left or even threatened to, they have simply stood up and told Brussels to sod off.

They know full well the EU will not throw them out.

Other EU Countries put their national laws first, we do not.

The EU Medicines agency is moving to the Netherlands, over 150 staff will not be going because their contracts do not meet Dutch Employment Law.

So much for Freedom of Movement.

Try getting Benefits or a job in France, all the interviews and forms are in French, they control things that way.

So, yes, I do think that our Politicians have chickened out, big time.

I could not see them changing and standing up to Brussels, so leave was the only option for me.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 03:43 PM

very fair answer IMO!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I voted to leave because of the ineptitude of our Politicians, nothing more, nothing less.

I could see them going more and more down the line of a Federal EU, not something for me.

The EU could have been good for us, we were a major contributor and should have been using that in the same way France and Germany do.

Blair and Brown were bad enough at selling us down the line, but Cameron was a complete wimp.

He went and asked for permission to do things other EU Countries just did without asking.

The Visigrad Group have refused point blank to following the diktats of Juncker and Co, closed their Borders and refused to accept a single Economic Migrant.

Denmark and Austria have recently taken drastic action completely contrary to EU Rules.

None of them have left or even threatened to, they have simply stood up and told Brussels to sod off.

The EU Medicines agency is moving to the Netherlands, over 150 staff will not be going because their contracts do not meet Dutch Employment Law.

Try getting Benefits or a job in France, all the interviews and forms are in French, they control things that way.

I could not see them changing and standing up to Brussels, so leave was the only option for me.
Many of us had much the same reasons Swims, well put.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-08-2018, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Good point.

Our politicians certainly have let us down and, what is more, I can't see them ever changing.

Look at Theresa the Appeaser. She can't do enough to please the EU which, I suppose, is to be expected as she is clearly a remainiac.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
If Corby is ever voted in, it would just confirm the majority of the electorate are as thick as shite....
Never truer words spoken. Jeremy "Pinocchio" Corbyn wouldn't speak truth if he was paid to.

Page 11 of 66 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top