Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 01:15 PM

All is not lost.

Hi

In spite of the utter incompetence of Theresa May's Government and the Brexiters she has appointed, we are making some progress.

My estranged daughter has been headhunted by a big British Company who are expanding their Exports.

The Company is a World Leader in it's field of expertise.

Everything is manufactured here in the UK.

They are opening Offices and new Export Markets all over the World.

My estranged daughter has been headhunted for a new job, travelling the World working for a major British Company.

Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Hong Kong then Korea before Toronto and Chicago next year.

Unfortunately the Company has received absolutely Naff all support from our Government.

Theresa May and Co are more bothered about Cotton Buds.

If the Company was French, German or Polish they would have had a dedicated Team, paid for by the Government,to help them.

They would also have received 100% Tax relief on the costs.

Says it all really.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 01:37 PM

Re: All is not lost.

Well done to her the reaction by government doesn't surprise me. I work for a South African company they have all sorts of problems with our government so inefficient and inept.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 10:41 PM

I'm pretty sure things are happening regardless of whether it impacts on your immediate family or not.

I pretty sure there are plenty of other signs out there of Brexit preparations progressing if you look hard enough.

As for your cotton buds reference.......I'm pretty sure the Gov't are perfectly capable of spinning more than one plate at a time.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I'm pretty sure things are happening regardless of whether it impacts on your immediate family or not.

I pretty sure there are plenty of other signs out there of Brexit preparations progressing if you look hard enough.

As for your cotton buds reference.......I'm pretty sure the Gov't are perfectly capable of spinning more than one plate at a time.
Hi

What part of things do you not understand?

We are in limbo with the WTO about our existing Trade Deals with 40 odd Countries.

We have not yet submitted our proposed Tariff and Quota and non Tariff Schedules ready for when we leave.

The Home Office is in complete disarray as can be seen by Windrush.

It is just one example after another of lack of effective Government.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 07:37 AM

I sometimes wonder if the civil service does all that it can to work against and embarrass the government, it used to be and should be politically neutral but like everything these days seems to be becoming more left wing leaning in it's sympathies...
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 12:54 PM

Interesting job advertising going on here:-

http://sps.tmpwcomms.net/defra_policy_adviser/

Salaries not as high as I expected - but the pensions are special?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top