Join for free
Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 03:16 PM

Re: How honest are you?

I am very honest. If anybody asks me whether I like, say, their new dress, I have to tell the truth but I try to do so tactfully. I might say “I always think you look great in your green dress.”

I am also honest with regard to finding things. I have found wallets, purses, car keys, bank cards, umbrellas etc and they have all either been returned to their owner or handed in to the police.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
I am very honest. If anybody asks me whether I like, say, their new dress, I have to tell the truth but I try to do so tactfully. I might say “I always think you look great in your green dress.”
Nowt clever about that.

All men know to answer in that way when their wife asks them about clothes they have chosen.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Nowt clever about that.

All men know to answer in that way when their wife asks them about clothes they have chosen.
I never ask my husband if he likes what I am wearing. On the rare occasions he actually notices what I have on, he will tell me exactly what he thinks.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 04:03 PM

Because l tend to wear trousers and jeans most of the time, one Christmas my daughters bought me a dress.

I told them l wouldn’t wear it but they insisted it was my type of dress and it would look lovely.

I put the dress on and looked in the mirror. All l saw was a sack of potatoes standing there! The dress accentuated every lump, bump and bulge on my body!!

I turned to ask my daughters what they thought of it. There was no need for honesty, as they were collapsed on the bed laughing their heads off!!

They haven’t bought me a dress since!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Because l tend to wear trousers and jeans most of the time, one Christmas my daughters bought me a dress.

I told them l wouldn’t wear it but they insisted it was my type of dress and it would look lovely.
Oh, but I'm sure it did look lovely, Angel.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 04:21 PM

Oh, but I'm sure it did look lovely, Angel.
JBR, Honestly, it looked awful, but it was worth the laugh we had!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 04:33 PM

Nowt clever about that.

My hubby says "Nice day today", that is skirting the issue

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I never ask my husband if he likes what I am wearing. On the rare occasions he actually notices what I have on, he will tell me exactly what he thinks.
At least he notices Tara. I best not ask what he says
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
My hubby says "Nice day today", that is skirting the issue

At least he notices Tara. I best not ask what he says
I said it was very rare for him to notice. I have mentioned before that I had a bet with our children some years ago that if I dyed my hair purple he wouldn't notice. So whilst he was at work I put a purple dye on my hair, the wash in wash out sort. About an hour after he came home he looked at me and said, 'I think there is something different about you but can't work out what?' I still tease him about that.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I said it was very rare for him to notice. I have mentioned before that I had a bet with our children some years ago that if I dyed my hair purple he wouldn't notice. So whilst he was at work I put a purple dye on my hair, the wash in wash out sort. About an hour after he came home he looked at me and said, 'I think there is something different about you but can't work out what?' I still tease him about that.
Yes, Tara, I remember you saying about hubby.
A purple dye Men honestly
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

07-05-2018, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Yes, Tara, I remember you saying about hubby.
A purple dye Men honestly
It has never worried me at all, he had better things to do with his time than to notice what I was wearing. I have always dressed to please myself not him.

Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top