Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 08:46 PM

Re: Trump pulls out....

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Ah, the stuff dreams are made of.
Lovely thought innit.
Yep........
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Has Iran stuck to the agreement though Morty?
That's the point I'm trying to make. Even you said you would not be surprised if they're working on a nuclear programme behind the scenes, which perhaps makes the agreement a waste of time?

Burning the flag and chanting death to America is just so very 80's - seen it all before.

Maybe I'm simplifying it too much?
I think Trump pulled out as he quite simply thinks they are not sticking to the agreement - so what's the point in continuing?
Perhaps he sees the whole thing as just smoke & mirrors?

Dunno, maybe I need to do more research.....
You and me both .. and then we can both become Middle East Peace Envoys and skip hand in hand across the desert promoting our new business venture, replacement eco friendly fuel .... exported camel dung sold by the barrel in American dollars.
We could be rich!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You and me both .. and then we can both become Middle East Peace Envoys and skip hand in hand across the desert promoting our new business venture, replacement eco friendly fuel .... exported camel dung sold by the barrel in American dollars.
We could be rich!
Sounds like a plan.
When are you free?...................
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 10:09 PM

The simple fact is does the world want a country run by fanatical radical Islam as a reactionary theocracy have nuclear weapons?
Remember this is the country that finances Hezbollah and Hamas .
Islamic terrorist groups.
This is the theocracy that sent its own children across the mine fields to clear the way for its soldiers .
This is country whose embassy officials murdered a defenceless woman PC in the streets of London.
This is the country that has openly declared to annihilate a neighbouring country ( Israel )
While they have the same right one supposes to develop nuclear weapons the same as anyone else .
Should the world allow this ?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 10:35 PM

It is incredibly naïve to think the world can stop one country from joining the rest of the world's proud owners of nuclear weapons.
Besides been hypocritically judgemental. Rather like .. 'Do as I say, not as I do'.

But for one moment .. let's ask .. How does one go about this?
Sanctions .... which is precisely what the 2015 deal was based upon. A middle road of the imposition of sanctions versus a modicum of nuclear development whilst trying to rein said development in.
A lofty objective which will one day bow to the inevitable. It is in effect only a delaying tactic. A buyer of time.
This deal was satisfactory to all but Trump and Israel.

After this road is abandoned or reneged upon by either side what next?

Daring punitive raids as with Syria? War?
Think very carefully about advocating or provoking war and using the threat of war and missiles and the massacre of thousands..... under the false nobility of removing the world of a tyrant who might make war.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 11:56 PM

Within an hour of Trump making that announcement , Israel had fired missiles into Syria , a gas station next to the targeted site, and caused civilian deaths.
Paranoid, Netanyahu has 'threatened' to kill Assad ! What other world leader threatens such a thing? Even Trump is hardly likely to say I'm going to kill Putin.
The plan laid down in 2002 has gone incredibly wrong, but they're still trying through different routes to break up the middle east. 'They' being the West encouraged by Israel, an ambition of an activist Netanyahu since he was in his 20's.
Iran, said to be the problem, allies of Syria, and whilst Hezbolla are fighting on Syrian soil and the Palestinians are supporting the SAA, we should not forget the backing , training, arms and finance given by the USA to the Free Syrian Army that is affiliated to Al Qaeda , Al-Nusra and ISIS. ISIS trained by Turkey. So I see no difference between any of them.
Iran is a massive country, Israel is a dot and to continuously antagonise powerful countries within the region is not doing anyone any favours.
I'm still not sure what the problem is . What does Israel intend to do with Iran, i.e. without dragging the rest of the world in with them .
Because of long standing ,decades old , bad rhetoric , they are all prepared to be part of and instigate, the slaughter of innocent men ,women and children.. for what ?
Let Israel get rid of their nukes too, and Saudi that has just started the process, and Turkey.
Netanyahu is trouble, has been for long enough and always will be. Israel should do themselves a favour and vote him out.
If there's another major attack out there, Syria have masses on masses of weapons which should keep them going for another ten years. Weapons and heavy weaponry from US, Saudi, Israel , and others that has found the way into the enclaves and hide outs of the terrorists ! That tells yet another story... but you won't hear about it in our commercial media
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2018, 06:40 AM

Israel retaliated to rockets fired from Syria .

Even the Guardian no friend to Israel reported this.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...heights-israel
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2018, 10:12 AM

Wrong. The strike as I previously mentioned was within an hour after Trump had made his decision about pulling out of the Iranian deal. Missiles targeted at a Syrian post in southern Damascus. It was given half an inch of space on the BBC new website, but I can't find it now. The video footage shows the aftermath. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jZt1BuetTE
The Guardian article is referring to Golan Heights, which incidently, is still not recognised as Israeli territory. It still rightfully belongs to Syria, so nobody has attacked Israel YET !
That hardly matters today though, if we see what's happening. Well done to Netanyahu, Trump and all their cohorts. This week we will no doubt see an alarming rise in missile strikes, Palestinians rocking the border in Gaza and the US Embassy moving house, I think there's a lot of stuff about to kick off.
That's what has been strived towards, so good luck to them all. There's an old saying 'be careful what you wish for' , well this has been Netanyahu's wish for long enough.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

10-05-2018, 11:41 AM

Posted 1 hour ago.

Relating to last nights attacks.

https://www.facebook.com/tom.duggan....5MjA5NzM1MDQ5/
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

10-05-2018, 12:12 PM

Not something we want to see. Mounting hostilities.
Only an egotistical maniac would wish for war or score points in a ra-ra cheerleader fashion.
One upmanship is not the issue. The real danger of an uncontrollable war is.

One thing is clear , there has been fighting on the Syrian owned- Israeli illegally occupied Golan Heights.
Rockets have been exchanged.
Israel are attacking Iran, in Syria.
But an Israeli Security Chief had also earlier warned this week that if Iran attacked Israel from Syria they will 'eliminate' Assad and topple his regime.
The end of the Syrian civil war is morphing into something potentially far more dangerous.

There is one glaring irony here ... a couple of days ago Israel ejected a Human Rights Watch representative from Israel, he has 14 days to go .... after accusing him of supporting a boycott against Israel. A pity given the growing escalations. He could have monitored any transgressions.

Brutality is fact of life in the ME. Perpetual war is their business and they're all expert at it by now.

Iran? Israel? Is there a nice guy?
Both brutal and demented in the extremity they are prepared, if not determined, to go to wipe each other off the face of the planet.
And politically, just now, Israel are riding on a sycophantic high with support from Trump which has made them bolshier and more provocative.

This is the true Legacy of the Holocaust. After sticking Israel where it was stuck.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top