Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 07:38 PM

Re: Bosch/Dyson Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Its so compact mounted on to the wall too, with all attachments easily accessible.
I love my little aminal
Does it HAVE to be wall mounted?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
The 2 models I have are.....a DC 44 which is the not so good one and a V6 which is the better one. They are both light, easy to operate, easy to change tools and quiet!
I like light and I like quiet .....

I started looking at the V6 first because the V7 and V8 were more expensive but, sadly, the V6 is being discontinued, although it has received consistently positive reviews, to make way for the next generations, so I'm thinking about the V8 now.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 07:51 PM

Bosch for quality long life and performance.!

Wonder why there are so many Dysons at boot fairs ?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->

Not at all Omah
It's easier though!
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 08:07 PM

It doesn't HAVE to be wall mounted, you can just plug it in but they don't stand upright on their own so you'd need to lay it somewhere or take the long tube off so it could sit on a worktop or somewhere similar while charging. Wall mounting makes changing the tools so much easier, it's only 2 screws.

I started looking at the V6 first because the V7 and V8 were more expensive but, sadly, the V6 is being discontinued, although it has received consistently positive reviews, to make way for the next generations, so I'm thinking about the V8 now.
Ooohhh, if the V6 is being discontinued they might be going cheap somewhere. I wish I needed another one now

You'll all think I'm weird now but with the uprights and cordless ones I now have 5 (yes, 5) Dysons
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 09:01 PM

Ditch any idea of a battery powered vacuum imo.

ANY device powered by batteries, be it vacuum, smart phone, laptop etc WILL fail because the battery only has a limited lifespan. However fantastic and function a device is, the core problem will always be that battery technology is still hugely limited.

For a laptop you can buy a replacement battery pretty easily but for some things the cost of a replacement battery can be almost as much as the device itself. Some devices are made in a way that makes changing the battery very difficult. Many mobile phones previously did not have replaceable batteries.

So I side with the other posters here who have recommended HENRY vacuums. They are simply the best imo.

I've had Dyson's, Vax, Electrolux in the past but nothing has been as simple, powerful and reliable as my Henry. I wouldn't have anything else now.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 09:47 PM

Had two Miele over the years. Quality build and sspares. First lasted over twenty years and second nearing that. Just plug in and go......
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

09-05-2018, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Not at all Omah
It's easier though!
Originally Posted by Nicol ->
It doesn't HAVE to be wall mounted, you can just plug it in but they don't stand upright on their own so you'd need to lay it somewhere or take the long tube off so it could sit on a worktop or somewhere similar while charging. Wall mounting makes changing the tools so much easier, it's only 2 screws.
As long as wall mounting is optional, that's fine .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2018, 12:18 AM

We bought a Dyson V6 some time ago for about £185 I think.
The V8 had just come out, so perhaps the V6 was reduced. It was at Sainsbury's, I seem to remember.

The V6 is excellent and the battery has never run down whilst I am using it. Er... no funny remarks about my not doing the job properly!

The V8, as far as I'm aware, has the advantage of an additional filter and also a more convenient means of emptying the bin, but neither of these are important to me.

They have now brought out a V10 (I think), so the V8 might well be available at reduced price.

One final point regarding Dysons: so many other manufacturers have tried to copy his ideas that I can only assume that they are the best.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

10-05-2018, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
They have now brought out a V10 (I think), so the V8 might well be available at reduced price.
You're right, they have!

But it's very expensive - £400-500 .....

A couple of (several) enhancements:

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/03...-the-best-yet/

5. Self-standing (well, almost)
While the top-heavy nature of Dyson’s cordless design means it can’t stand by itself, Dyson has found a nifty workaround. A small rubber strip on the underside of the vacuum body means you can rest it against a wall without worrying about it slipping to the floor.

6. Longer battery life
A key sticking point with older cordless Dyson vacuums is that their batteries don’t last as long as some competitors. With a battery life of up to 60 minutes in handheld mode, the V10 aims to put an end to that and make a whole-home clean a reality for larger households.
Now what do I do .....

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top