Join for free
Page 9 of 52 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 09:21 AM

Re: Jerusalem

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
PD What about that proof I asked you about ?
Where is your source again ?
Why do you always go on about proof ? You never give any proof of where you get your information from.
Don't 'demand' from people.. it shows the nature of the beast ! It was Al Jazeera online. and they had the names of every person listed who had been killed by the IDF on Monday.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I'm onto part III now where are you??

https://www.jashow.org/articles/gene...venant-part-3/
By the way, Abraham was not a Jew.
It's interesting as although Abraham gave Sarai, his wife to the Pharoah, and told him she was his sister, and then Sarai (because she was too old to conceive ) bringing Hagar , their servant, to Abraham so he could father the son God had promised them, God still stood by Abraham even though he and his wife went against God's plan because they didn't trust His judgement . ( quite in agreement for bed swapping even then ! Maybe that was part of the culture )
With that in mind, and the birth of Ishmael, it could be said , his line is as equal to Isaac's and not second best. That would put a whole new dimension of Islam.
No doubt there will be something somewhere, correcting that thought process.... it definitely will because it's the Jewish bible.

You ask where am I up to ? If I said 15yrs down the line, would it help ?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

16-05-2018, 09:58 AM

Turkey expels Israeli Consul General .
Guatemala move their Embassy to Jerusalem.

Great day for bad news ! All headlines off various media.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 10:15 AM

You are wrong Annie.
It doesn't have an international reputation lower than North Korea at all.
Israel has a reputation of standing against bullying terrorist no matter how mighty the countries are against it.

I don't think it is a good thing for Israel - those are your words - please don't put them into my mouth.
It means trouble for Israel that they don't need

What it has achieved is one thing.
Neither Israel or the USA will bow down to the threats of terrorists.
And that is what they are terrorists .
They don't want Jerusalem it is immaterial where the USA Embassy is situated they want the whole of Israel destroyed.

It is only the lefty snowflakes who think badly of Israel.

Israel and the rest of us laugh at their incessant bleating.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I understand what you say in relation to Hamas, but they only formed in 1987 , 20 yrs after the boundary changes and Israel's occupation.
The killing is something else. To keep these people like animals in cages will result in animal behaviour and if no one is prepared to even consider the lifting of the sanctions and the blockade, what can Israel expect ? If anyone thinks it's right to keep these people as they are now , then how will anything improve.
Could you elaborate? Cages?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-05-2018, 10:21 AM

How many 'international ' cities do you know ?

Jerusalem is a beautiful vibrant city and it works because the Isrealis have made it so.
It is multicultural and tolerant to all faiths
Why then do people seek to destroy it which is exactly what the Hamas inspired violence intends to do .
Do you really believe it would be the same place if ruled by a Hamas /PA /Arab coalition?
It was hardly a free city when it was occupied by Jordanian muslims, was it?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
You can't even get author of the quotation right!!!

It wasn't Theodore Roosevelt who coined that phrase, but Gen George Armstrong Custer - and look what happened to him!!!
Actually General Philip Sheridan
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-05-2018, 10:24 AM

You don't make me laugh .
I worry about Bible bashers of any description .
No doubt you listen to burning bushes as well.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

16-05-2018, 10:26 AM

This is woman is also a danger.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-midd...t-44131466(for you Muddy)

◾Speaking at the UN, US ambassador Nikki Haley defended the level of Israel's use of force, saying: "No country in this chamber would act with more restraint than Israel has." She said the US "deplores the loss of human life" but laid blame on Hamas, saying: "Make no mistake, Hamas is pleased with the results from yesterday"
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-05-2018, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
By the way, Abraham was not a Jew.
It's interesting as although Abraham gave Sarai, his wife to the Pharoah, and told him she was his sister, and then Sarai (because she was too old to conceive ) bringing Hagar , their servant, to Abraham so he could father the son God had promised them, God still stood by Abraham even though he and his wife went against God's plan because they didn't trust His judgement . ( quite in agreement for bed swapping even then ! Maybe that was part of the culture )
With that in mind, and the birth of Ishmael, it could be said , his line is as equal to Isaac's and not second best. That would put a whole new dimension of Islam.
No doubt there will be something somewhere, correcting that thought process.... it definitely will because it's the Jewish bible.

You ask where am I up to ? If I said 15yrs down the line, would it help ?
I find it really quite amusing when I hear people quoting the bible. God did this, God did that! What a load of tripe.

There is no god, there never has been a god. God is man-made.

If there is anything of value in the bible, it is a record of historical events and even then much of it should not be taken at face value. Those who wrote the books of the bible (and I assure you it was not God) put their own spin on things to suit their own agenda.

What we're really arguing about on here is whether Israel has the right to exist. My view on that must already be clear.

I'd much rather we discuss whether muslim groups such as Hamas have the right to attempt to destroy Israel and kill all Jews. I think most can guess my views on that too.

A final question: does Israel have the right to defend itself against attacks by those who strive to destroy it? A simple 'Yes' or 'No' would suffice.

Page 9 of 52 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top