Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 04:31 PM

Guess what Im doing tonight?

Tonight I will be getting into my own proper bed.
Yes it arrived today and Im just making it now with clean white sheets. So tonight I wont be balancing on the airbed but lying on a brand new comfy mattress. Its a nice double bed with a modern black metal frame with built in headboard and footboard.

Also I will be cooking a meal on my brand new cooker which also arrived today. The installation guy has connected it up and not only that he very kindly connected my washing machine up with the new hose I had bought and Ive done 2 loads already.

Then after dining I may relax a while on my second hand sofa which also arrived today. It could do with the cushion foams replacing as they are a little flat/soft ish but its lovely and clean and comfier than the tatty armchair I have been sitting in which can now go to the tip. The cushions all have zips so I presume I can buy new firmer foams to go inside?

Im not going to tell you about the fridge yet, which also arrived today, as I haven decided whether I am going to keep it or not. Hummmm. More later on the fridge saga, may need your advice over this.

I know the sofa and fridge and bed frame are second hand but they are very clean and the fridge has been tested. The cooker and the mattress are brand new though.

I know this probably sounds like some awful paupers story to some but today I feel like a king thats had his castle refurbished a bit. 😁
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 04:37 PM

Re: Guess what Im doing tonight?

So pleased for you MC.
Hope you sleep like a dream tonight, and have a nice lie in in the morning too.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Yes it arrived today and Im just making it now with clean white sheets. So tonight I wont be balancing on the airbed but lying on a brand new comfy mattress. Its a nice double bed with a modern black metal frame with built in headboard and footboard.

Also I will be cooking a meal on my brand new cooker which also arrived today. The installation guy has connected it up and not only that he very kindly connected my washing machine up with the new hose I had bought and Ive done 2 loads already.

Then after dining I may relax a while on my second hand sofa which also arrived today. It could do with the cushion foams replacing as they are a little flat/soft ish but its lovely and clean and comfier than the tatty armchair I have been sitting in which can now go to the tip. The cushions all have zips so I presume I can buy new firmer foams to go inside?

Im not going to tell you about the fridge yet, which also arrived today, as I haven decided whether I am going to keep it or not. Hummmm. More later on the fridge saga, may need your advice over this.

I know the sofa and fridge and bed frame are second hand but they are very clean and the fridge has been tested. The cooker and the mattress are brand new though.

I know this probably sounds like some awful paupers story to some but today I feel like a king thats had his castle refurbished a bit. 😁
OK matey, so the fridge ain't a brand new, super duper state of the art ice machine - so what??? If it works well and does what its designed to do - then be satisfied with that for the time being until such time as you have sufficient funds to purchase an alternative if that's what you want.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 04:50 PM

Bless you MC. It must be lovely to sleep in your new comfy bed. I hope you sleep soundly, airbeds are a great substitute but nothing beats your own bed.
I hope you get lots of use out of your cooker, washing machine and fridge. Who cares if any of them are not new. As long as they do the job they are meant to, that's all you want.
I wish you well with all of them. x
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 04:50 PM

How lovely MC, you are a King. lol
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 04:58 PM

Think of all the cakes you will be making now.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 04:59 PM

....and think how excited you'll be when they plumb in your toilet.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->

Sounds wonderful tbh MC

Theres nothing like building a new life, getting bits and pieces together

Enjoy your health and home xxx
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 05:22 PM

Sounds lovely and cosy MC!
Most of my furniture and stuff is second hand, I like to think it helps save the planet, especially trees!
I bet it looks lovely x
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 06:50 PM

The simple pleasures are the best, MC. I hope you are recovering well, too!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top