Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 02:24 PM

Minimal, in between or cluttered.

How would you best describe your home?....many year's ago,my house was cluttered, now i am minimal, .,.i have to be organised.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 02:30 PM

Re: Minimal, in between or cluttered.

I tend to be a bit messy but I don't keep too much .
I love books so there are always a lot of books and stuff about .
I think a room without books is unfurnished
I have a lot of beautiful stuff that I have collected overseas bit they are still boxed up as no room .( some have been boxed up for 20 years )
It's amazing what you can live without !
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 02:35 PM

I use to have a lot of photos and China on display , I down sized , which meant less room and I got older so didnt want my life to revolve around keeping it all tidy ,so now im a minimalist .Its mostly in cupboards and and boxes now out of sight . .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 02:42 PM

Over the years,i have spent so much on stuff that i really didn't need,a lot of it i gave to my son and his girlfriend, as I've gotten older,i just can't stand clutter,it does my head in,..i only buy what i need now...on the plus side,less stuff,less cleaning.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 03:18 PM

My house is very minimalist 4 years ago I got rid of my dining room suite and a lot of large furniture. I just gave it to the YMCA and it was in mint condition (apart from 2 teeth marks on the dining table)
It has made it a lot easier to clean and the house is light bright and airy.
It also means there is only one spare bed, a single making it difficult for lots of people to come to stay

I am so glad I had a sort out when I did, if my health requires me to move somewhere small all the hard work is done
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 03:20 PM

I would say very minimalist with a cluttered loft.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 03:24 PM

Definitely minimalist in style, white walls, blinds, the odd objet d'art or plant ...
But open a cupboard and you might be buried alive!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
apart from 2 teeth marks on the dining room table
The mind boggles!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
The mind boggles!
When my eldest granddaughter was teething she just reached the hight of the table and sunk her teeth into it one day..
She only had 4 teeth , two top two bottom so only two marks are visible....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
The mind boggles!
I was thinking the same.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top