Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 08:07 PM

Tinned Spaghetti !

I fancied beans on toast for tea - so - wandered up to Sainsbury's - did my usual "get me out of here" dash around the store - grabbed what I thought was a pack of three small tins of beans.

Wasn't until I arrived home and looked at them properly I realise they were not even the same colour tins. Three small yellow tins of Heinz spaghetti in tomato sauce. I didn't even know that you could buy tinned spaghetti.

Anyway - made some toast opened one of the tins - not keen on the look or the smell but I like pasta so thought I would give it a try. Yikes, never again! The slimy horrid slithery mess all over my lovely toast didn't taste anything like spaghetti. It was just disgusting and went into the waste bin. The other two tins will be put in the Food Bank tub next time I am in Sainsbury's ! Made some more toast and poached a couple of eggs instead.

Have you ever bought something by mistake and regretted it?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 08:22 PM

Re: Tinned Spaghetti !

I have only had them once ST, years ago, and I thought they had a perfume taste to them, never again.

I do like Tin Cheese Ravoli.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 08:36 PM

Ive reached out at at the supermarket without really looking when I have been busy, and ended up buying something that was either next to or mixed in with what I was intending to buy. I need to pay more attention. I used to like Heinz spaghetti but nowadays find it bland and tasteless.

I decided to be lazy last night by buying some ham and mushroom Tagliatelle as I had been busy all day and didnt want to cook, so nipped out to the late night Coop. Trying to be a good boy I went and bought the low fat, low sugar, low salt version. It was disgusting and I ended up throwing it away and eating shredded wheat instead.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 08:40 PM

I was once presented with tinned spaghetti when having a meal a friends house, it reminded me of brains shudders .
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 08:43 PM

Tinned spaghetti is vile stuff - one step up from wallpaper paste. Surprisingly, I found spaghetti hoops in beef sauce a lot better - `pasta` was a bit firmer. That's going back many a year, don't know if you can still get it.
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

16-07-2018, 08:45 PM

Tinned Spaghetti sounds revolting.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 09:00 PM

Hi

Surprisingly popular and a staple for many, huge range, often aimed at kids.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...etti-and-pasta
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Panda ->
Tinned Spaghetti sounds revolting.
It certainly was - I'll stick to making my own!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

16-07-2018, 10:21 PM

It was totally yukky. Swimmy. No self respecting child would touch it!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 10:24 PM

Now l occasionally like a tin of Heinz spaghetti with toast, not on it but beside the toast as it makes the toast soggy! I don’t like tomato ketchup but l like the tomato sauce of the spaghetti.
I am getting worried about my food tastes. I love black pudding but quite a few on here, dislike it.

I recently bought wholemeal crumpets for a change but l wasn’t very keen. The white crumpets are better.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top