Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 10:38 PM

Re: Computer tech help needed

I think there is some confusion happening.

I am not, repeat not, trying to play a DVD.

I am trying to do the following.

I have WiFi . My computer picks up the WiFi signal just fine. I Then select Netflix. Again no problem. I can watch Netflix on my laptop.

Prior to my HDMI port going bad I could plug my laptop into my TV and watch my program.

I was told that if I bought a USb to HDMI converter I could watch my program.

So I bought the USb to HDMI converter. I plugged it into the USb 3.0 port. I then attached a HDMI wire to the adapter, and plugged the other end into my TV HDMI port.

TV screen stays black. The laptop, however, is playing my program.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
There's no confusion at all Bakerman, it's simply that you don't understand computers and drivers it seems.

I will ask again, what is the make and model of the USB/HDMI device that you bought ?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
There's no confusion at all Bakerman, it's simply that you don't understand computers and drivers it seems.

I will ask again, what is the make and model of the USB/HDMI device that you bought ?

ha Ha. You are dead right. I know about as much about computers as I know about how the Starship Enterprise works.

Ok. The make and model of the USb to HDMI adapter is:
j5 create, model # JUA350 (Mac and Windows compatible)
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 12:18 AM

I have WiFi . My computer picks up the WiFi signal just fine. I Then select Netflix. Again no problem. I can watch Netflix on my laptop.

Prior to my HDMI port going bad I could plug my laptop into my TV and watch my program.

So I bought the USb to HDMI converter. I plugged it into the USb 3.0 port. I then attached a HDMI wire to the adapter, and plugged the other end into my TV HDMI port.

Did you watch the video I posted? You may have to press one of the function keys on your laptop to get the picture to show on your TV.
bakerman
Mexico

28-07-2018, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Did you watch the video I posted? You may have to press one of the function keys on your laptop to get the picture to show on your TV.
Yes, I carefully watched that video. I clicked on the "device control panel and I saw a list similar to the one in your video.
I'm leery of just randomly clicking on items listed. If I had SOME idea of what to click on then I might try it.
bakerman
Mexico

28-07-2018, 11:22 AM

!.) I went though all of the inputs on my TV. tried each and ever one. No go.

2.) I went through all of that long list for the device control panel. I clicked on each and every one. I do not see anything that has a red check against it.

Judd, yes I watched your video. I was told at the supply store that I might have to punch on function key f4. that did not help.

out of ideas.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 03:07 PM

Sorry but.

Think you might need some soft ware that plays a media player as Windows does not.

Down load VLC and see if that works
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 03:16 PM

Have you considered a Google Chromecast. With which you could transfer Netflix and other stuff to your TV from a laptop or iPad?
bakerman
Mexico

28-07-2018, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
Have you considered a Google Chromecast. With which you could transfer Netflix and other stuff to your TV from a laptop or iPad?

Yes, I'm looking into that now.
bakerman
Mexico

28-07-2018, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Sorry but.

Think you might need some soft ware that plays a media player as Windows does not.

Down load VLC and see if that works

Media player ? Do you mean my laptop ?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top