Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 03:06 AM

Re: Be careful with dogs and kids!

yes SM - I appreciate your views - and they may well be more to come out of this story - the family had only recently moved into this small community so not much is known or ever will be known of them. they may never release any information. what we do know is the behaviors of this type of breed and whilst they are undoubtedly a loyal 'pet' also have the genetics of a hunting dog who will recognize the alpha male. Unfortunately this child maybe has been scarred for life physically and emotionally and I cannot see how she; the dog and the family could all be reconciled ??

I feel for all including the poor dog!
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Have you seen the latest trend of wolf dogs ?
They are very large and somewhat nervy -not a good combination IMO .
The reputable breeders say they only sell to responsible owners.
But anyone can breed a wolf lookalike and no doubt will and sell them to anyone who has the cash.
I honestly believe anyone who considers themselves a reputable breeder wouldn’t breed wolf dogs , it’s irresponsible.
Yes agree it’s all about £££ signs just checked out https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/sale/do...rloos-wolfdog/
People are importing these dogs from Hungary to sell.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 08:01 AM

A similar thing to Surfer Mom, happened with me.

In 1996, l got our first dog for our family, a Flatcoated Retriever. Flatcoated Retrievers are usually very gentle, happy dogs and this one, Murphy had a great temperament.

A friend of mine called and took me aside.
She said, ‘You have young children with lots of friends who visit. When your children’s friends are here, put Murphy in another room as you never know how he will react to other children’.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top