Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 12:12 PM

Re: Do you have a favourite choice of Hoover .

Don't think so my dad had his Dyson for over 20 years and we have a Dyson and it works ok.
I see loads of perfectly good stuff at the tip ours is a wasteful throw away society.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I've got 5 Dysons

2 mains ball ones, one upstairs and one downstairs for major cleaning, they get trundled out once a week.

2 cordless, again, 1 upstairs, 1 downstairs. The downstairs one is better than the upstairs one as it's a better, newer, more efficient model. The upstairs one was the first stick vacuum Dyson brought out so it's old, but still works really well.

The fifth one is an ancient DC07 that I used to use for work and which is now parked in the conservatory, I'm supposed to use it for vaccing the conservatory carpet as it gets grubby every day with me and dawg in and out but to be honest I whizz round with the cordless elsewhere downstairs every day so I've been using that in the conservatory as well. Will possibly relegate the old DC07 to the shed eventually.

Performance for the cordless.....11/10, it's excellent.
You live at Buckingham Palace or summat?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Don't think so my dad had his Dyson for over 20 years and we have a Dyson and it works ok.
I see loads of perfectly good stuff at the tip ours is a wasteful throw away society.
I often got to use different vacuums in people's houses but I just found the Dysons to be too plasticky and liable to breakage. I did have one once, one of the early ones but never liked it.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Hi Floydy,they also have a powerful suction,and good reviews.
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Still the best imo, despite the EU vacuum police getting their garlic mitts on them. I had my previous Henry for almost 30 years and it easily digested nails, screws and rubble. The new one is not quite as powerful but it's still good. It has an eco function on it that I NEVER use.
I didn't know about any eco function.
It's suction is sometimes too powerful, especially on thick carpets. It gets stuck if going against the pile.
Otherwise it's great.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 12:20 PM

I wouldn't be without my Henry, he is the best hoover I've ever had.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 12:34 PM

I wouldnt be without my dyson..I have had it now for several years and ive fixed it a few times too..its brilliant for hoovering the pet hairs
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Pauline darlin' - don't get me wrong, 'shark' is an excellent vacuum cleaner, the problem I had (and still have) is related to my medical problem - the disease I have robs me of my energy and stamina. The disease is incurable, but the Consultants tell me its manageable - this means attending the hospital weekly, having a blood test and being injected into my stomach with this 'jollop' which is supposed to 'kick start' my bone marrow into producing more red blood cells.

So sorry to hear that,UJ,
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 01:53 PM

My latest vac is an upright Vax model - very powerful. So powerful in fact that like UJ's vac it sticks to the carpet. Luckily there's a sliding panel that can be moved to reduce the suction especially on deep-pile carpets. It's best feature is that when using the suction nozzle with the vac in the upright position, the brushes stop rotating thus preventing damage to carpets. The brushes can also be manually stopped from rotating for when the vac is used on laminate or wooden floors to prevent scratching.

Had a Dyson in the dim and distant past. It kept breaking down or getting clogged up which resulted in me having to keep on stripping it down to clear the blockage. Vowed never to get another one.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I've got 5 Dysons

2 mains ball ones, one upstairs and one downstairs for major cleaning, they get trundled out once a week.

2 cordless, again, 1 upstairs, 1 downstairs. The downstairs one is better than the upstairs one as it's a better, newer, more efficient model. The upstairs one was the first stick vacuum Dyson brought out so it's old, but still works really well.

The fifth one is an ancient DC07 that I used to use for work and which is now parked in the conservatory, I'm supposed to use it for vaccing the conservatory carpet as it gets grubby every day with me and dawg in and out but to be honest I whizz round with the cordless elsewhere downstairs every day

so I've been using that in the conservatory as well. Will possibly relegate the old DC07 to the shed eventually.

Performance for the cordless.....11/10, it's excellent.

Crikey,Nicol,how many hoovers does a woman
need,:lol...11 out of 10 for the Dyson ,I think I will go with that,..has any one got the GTech Airam,..I was very disappointed with that one.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 02:10 PM

Ms d00d has tried a few in her time and THIS comes tops.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top