Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 06:15 PM

Re: Jewellery making.

Can you make me one of Hens teeth.

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Nice work as ever Tabby, blokes question do you glue the other beads in place ?
No, Nom, no glue involved with these. The beads that appear to be floating are held in place by 'crimps' - tiny gold or silver coloured soft metal beads - you thread them on to where you want them to hold back the others and use a pair of 'crimping' pliers to flatten them. Add the main beads and finish with another 'crimp' to stop them wandering about.

Simples ... or should that be 'crimples'!!??
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
You are clever Tabs. I reckon we could open a trendy gallery with the talent on here.
What a lovely idea!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

04-08-2018, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I ll buy the red set please. It's lovely and would look right nice on me
Sorry - that one was commissioned by a friend to match a pretty top. Glad you liked it though.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

04-08-2018, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Oh WOW!!...S,T,..what I love about your jewellery is,it is so classy to look at,some are so ott,..if I had a talent like that,I would advertise myself!..how about you tube,then we can watch you at work...ps,got your pm,but haven't been here long enough to reply.
Thank you, Pauline, your comments are so encouraging. As for YouTube - I wouldn't know how to start !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

04-08-2018, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Can you make me one of Hens teeth.

You find them - I'll drill and thread them for you - but would they go with your famous string vest??
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

04-08-2018, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Very nice Silver
Hi Blue - good to see you - thank you for your comment.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
over to you Jem - we're not in this league!!
I have complimented Silver’s work many times over the years Gummy, she has a great talent, especially for design ideas, have you seen her one-off greeting cards?
Put it this way, If I were a younger man and still in business I would be delighted to have her in my workshop, and I know that someone with her abilities would have no problems adapting to the heavy stuff (Hard soldering, deep polishing, engraving, melting and casting etc.) she loves what she’s doing, and that is very important.
I have never “Worked” a day in me life, I enjoyed myself making things and seeing the finished product, that’s never work.

Well done again Silver!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

05-08-2018, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I have complimented Silver’s work many times over the years Gummy, she has a great talent, especially for design ideas, have you seen her one-off greeting cards?
Put it this way, If I were a younger man and still in business I would be delighted to have her in my workshop, and I know that someone with her abilities would have no problems adapting to the heavy stuff (Hard soldering, deep polishing, engraving, melting and casting etc.) she loves what she’s doing, and that is very important.
I have never “Worked” a day in me life, I enjoyed myself making things and seeing the finished product, that’s never work.

Well done again Silver!
Thank you, Jem, what a wonderful compliment.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

05-08-2018, 07:26 PM

Here is today's project - made to go with an evening gown I am designing/making to take to Eire in October. The beads are deep purple crystal - although they look bluish in the photo - and the spacers are silver.
The dress will have a square neckline hence the unusual grouping.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top