Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 02:33 PM

Re: Sleeping under the duvet.

A Cat in the bed yes, but not a Dog.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
He just asked ,I f he could have a pillow!..what a cheek!.
awwwwwwwwwww, bless your furbaby.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 02:43 PM

My furbaby would be allowed on my bed but its too high for him to jump up, he's a little shortarse. I've no problem with dogs or cats in bed. My furbaby is my kid
Ragdoll
Surrey,UK
Ragdoll is female  Ragdoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 03:31 PM

I'm right there with you, my little girl (Cat) in the Winter comes under the duvet with me whilst I watch TV, but never sleeps the night there, instead lays beside me on top, and I wouldn't have it any other way
ArtHeart
West Midlands
ArtHeart is female  ArtHeart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 05:13 PM

My parson Jack Russell -Jack -sleeps at the bottom of our bed too on the duvet (he creeps up between us in the middle of the night)
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 05:49 PM

Awwww,loving all these stories!...it's called ,Love!.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by ArtHeart ->
My parson Jack Russell -Jack -sleeps at the bottom of our bed too on the duvet (he creeps up between us in the middle of the night)
I think they do it,ArtHeart,for the warmth and security,more so in winter,but at the end of the day,they are a pack animal.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 06:00 PM

All my animals have been allowed to share our bed, in or out

I had a wee foster working springer who liked to sleep curled in under my neck and my own dog was curled in behind my knees.

Bliss
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 06:18 PM

I never used to allow dogs on the bed.
I had German Shepherds for 30-odd years and I wouldn't have got in myself with one of those boys sprawled full length.
One always slept right next to the bed though, and I used to put my foot out and liked to feel him there. Even if I got up for the loo, he would accompany me, then settle next to me again. He was my rock.
I always left my bedroom door open so the others could come and go as they pleased.

Then one bad, bad day, my last big boy died. To say I was devastated was putting it mildly.

The real 'Mups' my eldest Bedlington and him were inseparable.
She often used to sleep curled up in his long belly hair. They were always together.

So I don't know who felt more lost, me or her. And that night, for the first time in her life, she crept up next to me and cuddled up.
I didn't hoof her off, because that night I knew we both needed each other.

Of course she took advantage - they always do, and has continued to come up next to me ever since.

She never messes about, just curls up in a ball and sleeps till morning and I must admit, I would miss feeling her little body there now.

They would not be allowed IN the bed though, just ON it.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

06-08-2018, 03:35 PM

Awww mups it's a terrible feeling when we lose our furkids, they are family and play a huge part in our lives so yes it is always going to be devastating when we lose them. Thank goodness for memories eh.

I had a friend who had a German shepherd and he used to jump on the bed when she got in bed and he s growl at her husband and wouldn't let him in the bed, she had to shut the dog out if the bedroom so her hubby could go to bed, talk about being protective lol

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top