Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 11:03 AM

Re: PM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
Nicola Sturgeon in an independent Scotland
Oh Gawd!...I hope You have thick skin Weedeek...Ye'll need it on here

Welcome to the Forum
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 11:16 AM

So inept and self-absorbed are all the prominent Tories, I cannot see any of them being an adequate replacement for May who is massively inadequate herself.
Much the same goes for many on the Labour front bench. If I had to choose, I would say Emily Thornberry would make a better fiat of things than Jeremy Corbyn.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
When May gets ousted as she ineviatbly will IMO,who would you like to see as her replacement ?
It isn't inevitable that TM will be ousted as there isn't an obvious successor.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Heh heh,it won't be long until T May is ousted...but I aint goin' nowhere

It was my fault May, because when I saw the title 'PM' I thought it was about 'Private Messaging', then it went on to say about 'May being ousted'.

I hadn't even noticed it was in the Political dept.

I'll be alright when I've had a lie down.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
It isn't inevitable that TM will be ousted as there isn't an obvious successor.
I said IMO
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
When May gets ousted as she ineviatbly will IMO,who would you like to see as her replacement ?
Genghis Khan
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 12:43 PM

I have never thought Boris to be PM material but since his refusal to apologise to the left Gestapo, he has gone up a million percent in my estimation.

Boris for PM.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 01:19 PM

Jeremy Corbyn - 11/2

Jeremy Corbyn has emerged as the favourite among most bookies as the nation's likely next PM.

The Labour leader has had to fight constant opposition from his own MPs including a leadership contest after just a year.

But the party has swung behind him after a much stronger than expected 2017 general election when Labour picked up 30 seats and Mrs May lost her majority.

Despite a study showed the fabled "youthquake" of support from younger voters did not happen, he is enjoying strong support in opinion polls.

He will be hoping Tory infighting over Europe leads to another election, which he has boasted he would win.

Jeremy Corbyn has shown that the Labour Party is ready for another election

Michael Gove - 6/1

Environment secretary has achieved a remarkable turnaround since knifing Boris Johnson.

His support among party members dropped through the floor and it seemed his chances were gone forever.

But Mr Gove, who played a key role in the 2016 EU referendum, has rebranded himself as an ecowarrior and green campaigner as Environment Secretary.

Boris Johnson - 8/1

Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson is still a hugely popular figure among Tory grassroots and the general public.

But his support among fellow MPs seems to have evaporated in the EU referendum fallout.

Mr Johnson infuriated David Cameron by using his huge public profile to campaign for Leave.

His own leadership bid in 2016 was scuppered by his friend Michael Gove, severely damaging his electoral "brand".

BoJo has repeatedly pledged his support to Mrs May but has also angered Cabinet colleagues by trying to hijack Brexit talks and demanding extra cash for the NHS.

His ambitions for the top job are well known and he is a proven winner, having been elected twice as Mayor of London in a city that heavily favours Labour.

Jeremy Hunt - 10/1

Now Foreign Secretary, Mr Hunt is the longest-serving Health Secretary in British history.

He left the Department of Health after securing a £20bn funding increase for the NHS.

Mr Hunt is known to have leadership aspirations and although he campaigned for Remain during the referendum he has since changed his mind and said he would now vote to Leave because of the arrogance of the EU.

Andrea Leadsom - 12/1

Thought an unlikely candidate at the time, the Brexit campaigner reached the final two of the 2016 leadership contest.

She withdrew over ill-judged remarks about Theresa May's childlessness.

She is now Leader of the House, and survived in post despite reports Mrs May was planning to cut "dead wood" in her January reshuffle.

Mrs Leadsom had a role in the downfall of Sir Michael Fallon after she accused him of lewd sexual comments.

Dominic Raab - 16/1

The new Brexit secretary is now in the running after taking Davis' vacant spot.

He played a prominent role in the Leave campaign and previously served as a Justice minister too.

Before he went into politics he was a lawyer, working on EU and World Trade Organisation Law.

His appointment has been welcomed by other Leave-backing MPs.

But Labour MPs have been circulating a blog-post he wrote back in 2011 where he called for an end to "feminist bigotry" and said that men were getting a raw deal after new equality legislation.

Amber Rudd - 50/1

At one time, Ms Rudd was a leading contender to replace the PM but her odds have lengthened significantly following the Windrush scandal and her resignation after misleading Parliament over immigration targets.

She has returned to the backbenches after being forced to resign as Home Secretary and is likely to push for a softer Brexit along with other former Cabinet members like Nicky Morgan and Justine Greening.

The Home Secretary is currently the favourite to replace Mrs May if her leadership crumbles.

Mr Javid was appointed Home Secretary in the wake of the Windrush scandal and the resignation of Amber Rudd.

A known eurosceptic, Mr Javid ended up backing Remain during the EU referendum but is popular amongst the Tory parliamentary party.

The MP for Bromsgrove in Worcestershire is a former managing director from Deutsche Bank.

Jacob Rees-Mogg - 5/1

Jacob Rees-Mogg, the Latin-fluent millionaire financier and MP for North East Somerset, has emerged as the leading Brexiteer on the backbenches.

He has also has garnered a surprise following among many young Tories - including Jungle Queen Georgia Toffolo, who called him "a sex god".

Devout Catholic Rees-Mogg has made no secret of his socially conservative views, including being anti-abortion and against gay marriage.

His plummy tones, double-breasted suits and traditional manner have earned him the nickname "The Honourable Member for the Nineteenth Century".

Place Yer bets here
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 05:12 PM

If Compo should ever become PM, we might as well give up completely.

The Jews would emigrate to a man.
Businesses would relocate elsewhere.
The economy would plummet, although the privileged few would still be OK.

The young people would reap what they have sown, but if they have voted for him that would be no less than they deserve.

If nothing else, it will be very entertaining for us older ones because we have much less time left.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 05:20 PM

Next worse to Compo becoming PM would be May staying put.

I have just been listening to a day-long programme concentrating on the rise of crime. An Assistant Chief Constable has just mentioned that the police service as a whole has been reduced by a quarter, never mind my comments that they have been decimated.

And who has caused all of this? That self-opinionated and incompetent waste of space, May. She did that when she was Home Secretary.

Since then, she has shown no improvement in her decision making. Now, she's moved on to reversing the Brexit referendum decision.

As I've said before, she will go down in history; quite probably sinking even lower than Tony B Liar.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top