Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 01:37 PM

Re: nationalism versus multiculturalism OZ style

Well said !
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
That's a very narrow inaccurate point of view based on...what? There is intolerance in all religions but does the incredibly slanted, hatemongering, lie-strewn attitude pushed by all the right wing press, UKIP, other neofascists, many in the Tory party and so on, do anything to try and ease, eventually eradicate that intolerance?
There are something like 2 million Muslims in this country. that is more than enough to have us in ta state of civil war if the hatemongers were correct. That we are obviously not suggests the hate we are fed daily is not correct.
There are over 8 million muslims in the UK.

Won't be a minority forever if the current rate of increasing numbers continues.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
The 'only able to comment if you have direct experience' argument is a ridiculous fallacy because if it were true a lot of branches of science and the arts would become totally invalid.
Absolute ROT.

I feel Muddy's comments on Islam / Muslims are extremely relevant as she lived among them for decades.
I worked with them for a number of years as well.

Move to Tower Hamlets in London for example, and then tell us how you feel. You have no idea and are living in your own little bubble.

I have a neighbour who would not have a bad word said about Islam / muslims, thinking most derogatory comments came from right wing racist bigots. We have virtually no Muslims around here by the way.

Until, she had to attend a business meeting in (yep) Tower Hamlets. She was asked why she was not covered up and why was she in a "Muslim" area. She was made to feel FAR from welcome. Needless to say, her attitude was not the same thereafter.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
absolute rot.

I feel muddy's comments on islam / muslims are extremely relevant as she lived among them for decades.
I worked with them for a number of years as well.

Move to tower hamlets in london for example, and then tell us how you feel. You have no idea and are living in your own little bubble.

I have a neighbour who would not have a bad word said about islam / muslims, thinking most derogatory comments came from right wing racist bigots. We have virtually no muslims around here by the way.

Until, she had to attend a business meeting in (yep) tower hamlets. She was asked why she was not covered up and why was she in a "muslim" area. She was made to feel far from welcome. Needless to say, her attitude was not the same thereafter.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 09:57 AM

I have good friends who live in Devon, I think they used to consider me a bit racist until they visited me last year and after ensuring she was dressed in shorts and a teashirt I took her to Dewsbury market and then a little tour of the area.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I have good friends who live in Devon, I think they used to consider me a bit racist until they visited me last year and after ensuring she was dressed in shorts and a teashirt I took her to Dewsbury market and then a little tour of the area.
The irony is that whilst they complain, they ogle too. Very weird. Us normal blokes just ogle and don't complain.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 01:50 PM

It's the custom
Go to many ME countries and groups of men stand on the corners doing just this .
That is why women develop the ' stone face ' gaze as they walk past them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

10-08-2018, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It's the custom
Go to many ME countries and groups of men stand on the corners doing just this .
That is why women develop the ' stone face ' gaze as they walk past them.
Yes, I can remember the builders in Egypt spying over the hotel wall at Western women in bikinis.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes, I can remember the builders in Egypt spying over the hotel wall at Western women in bikinis.

and what pray may I ask were you doing with the Egyptian builders - giving them a leg up perhaps?

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top