Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 07:00 AM

Signature dish,or best dish,you are remembered for.

My son,tells me,my best dishes,are....pizza,fish and chips,roast chicken,with all the trimmings,

Pudding,only one,...chocolate fondant pudding.

I know quite a few of you are accomplished cooks!...so tell me what you are known for,regarding your food,it can be anything really,even a sandwich,...what are your family,friends,favourites,....fire away,I love to listen and read your replys.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 07:14 AM

Re: Signature dish,or best dish,you are remembered for.

Different friends like different things. One couple often ask me to make spiced liver casserole, another friend loves my mushroom and garlic soup, my Italian friends enjoy my Lasagna, and all of them like my Pavlova.

Me - I just love to cook - and firmly believe that food always tastes better when shared with friends.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 07:25 AM

Boring maybe but my family love my Sunday roast which can be on any day of the week depending on the demand. Usually beef but can be chicken or lamb or even pork. The potatoes must be crispy and plenty of them, especially the flat ones. The "elbows" never go as fast as the flat ones do.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 02:02 PM

My Chicken Pepperoni made with chicken and diced pepperoni (naturally ), thinly sliced red onions, tinned tomatoes, garlic, scotch bonnet West Indian hot pepper sauce and tempered with clear honey.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 03:37 PM

I will be making a favourite this afternoon, Lasagne made with Quorn mince. The secret to the taste is adding pesto to the sauce. I will make it today but reheat it it tomorrow.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 03:51 PM

I do hope ya re-heating in the oven and not the microwave [bit risky that one?]
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 03:59 PM

Daughter in law loves steak/mushroom/red wine pie with dauphinoise potatoes and steamed vegetables.
then...
Apple and blackcurrant or rhubarb and orange crumble.

Son likes everything particularly hotpot with mustard pickle or spicy red cabbage, stew and herb dumplings.
then...
Chocolate roulade .
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Daughter in law loves steak/mushroom/red wine pie with dauphinoise potatoes and steamed vegetables.
then...
Apple and blackcurrant or rhubarb and orange crumble.

Son likes everything particularly hotpot with mustard pickle or spicy red cabbage, stew and herb dumplings.
then...
Chocolate roulade .
and you Meg??
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
and you Meg??
Now... the more simple the better partly for health reasons, something like homemade wholemeal bread with homemade soup,
....homemade sourdough bread with a good olive oil and balsamic vinegar to dip it in.
...a kind of bruschetta made with home made bread toasted, spread with garlic/sun dried tomatoes/a little cheese then grilled and sprinkled with chopped basil .
A really hot curry, all home made of course .
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

10-08-2018, 04:31 PM

a hot curry for a hot lady heh?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top