Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2012, 11:52 AM

Re: Have a happy Sunday everyone.

Good morning everyone it's sunny and very brrrrrr here in the SW, temperature hasn't risen above zero yet.

I was up during the night with toothache again so will be on the phone to my dentist tomorrow I'm pretty sure it will mean an extraction

Alan, the new Photobucket layout had me confused at first but I found I had to sign in again, then click on Library and all my photos were there. I've used FF on my Mac for years without any problems.

This little fellow looks like he is stocking up for a cold winter ...... but it was taken a couple of years ago on a hot summer day in Florida

Enjoy your day folks, keep warm!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2012, 01:15 PM

Wonderful photo Roxy, well worth framing a print and having it on the wall.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2012, 01:23 PM

Good afternoon folks.

Just out of Church (spent the usual 20 minutes afterwords talking to people outside the doors) and the wife is not with me today as she had to work.

Going to pick up the wife's Rover from the garage after having new rear suspension coils fitted, then I might go for a drive after going to Lidl since it's nice and sunny today.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2012, 04:54 PM

Good evening all, late as usual on Sunday, couldn't get a look in on the mac with the grandson playing his games and the wife doing jigsaw puzzles every chance she gets, that's my fault as I put her on to them now she's an addict.. I cant settle in with laptops the slightest touch and you skip to another page, and you can only do one thing at a time, useless, give me the desktop mac's anyday.
Hope you all had a pleasant Day, it's freezing over here.

This is part of Bantry Gardens, Bantry House, in Bantry Co. Cork.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2012, 06:05 PM

Never been a Mac person Jem.

I've always had Windows and currently have a Compaq Presario with Windows Vista on it. The wife has a HP Netbook with Vista also.

I'm thinking of upgrading to Windows 8 soon, but I think I'd need to upgrade my laptop as well as from what I've seen it looks much more advanced.

I can't say I share your views about laptops however as the last desktop I owned was in 1999 and I never took to it, probably because with my laptops I can be lazy and sit in my recliner armchair with a whiskey and a cigarette whilst browsing the net.

I know, I'm a lazy old git.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2012, 06:32 PM

Don't mind me Jim, nobody else does, I'm just biased because I stared with the desktop mac and then when I tried to use a laptop it just annoyed me because of the different ways it had to be handled, laziness plays a big part in it for me too, I'm so used to the mac, besides anything with batteries I find hard to trust, they usually conk out when you need them most, I'm just an old fashioned git about most things.
Marcus
pittsburgh,USA
Marcus is male  Marcus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2012, 07:01 PM

Well, jemflux, it looks like your day is rather occupied with busy people. You seem to reap what you sow. (lol) Try to enjoy yourself anyway. Cya
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

18-11-2012, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Marcus ->
Well, jemflux, it looks like your day is rather occupied with busy people. You seem to reap what you sow. (lol) Try to enjoy yourself anyway. Cya
How are you Marcus, I hope you're having a lovely day yourself, take care now.
Marcus
pittsburgh,USA
Marcus is male  Marcus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2012, 07:19 PM

Yes, Jemflux, I am having a great day with Spring temps and went to the shed to retrieve some Christmas things....won't be long now. Cheeriooooo
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

18-11-2012, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Don't mind me Jim, nobody else does, I'm just biased because I stared with the desktop mac and then when I tried to use a laptop it just annoyed me because of the different ways it had to be handled, laziness plays a big part in it for me too, I'm so used to the mac, besides anything with batteries I find hard to trust, they usually conk out when you need them most, I'm just an old fashioned git about most things.
I don't care for batteries either which is why I just have the laptop plugged in 95% of the time.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top