Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2019, 04:34 PM

Re: Great Conversations

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Funny they did science at my Catholic School .
Not at mine Muddy. We were in the same classroom sitting at the same desk from the age of 5 to 15, with different teachers teaching the different subjects, coming into the classroom instead. It was very authoritarian, (kid bashing Nuns) only kidding.

We had Religion and prayers every other subject. The rest was English, Maths, History, Geography, Art, Domestic Science (does that count?) and Sports. They are of course much more advanced nowadays and it is a primary school.
Our Lady and St Oswald's Catholic School is one of the best schools in Oswestry with a long waiting list.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2019, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I often wish I'd had the forethought to do that with my grand parents, LQ, both lots had some good tales to tell!
I regret not videoing my mum singing so i.m recording dad playing his keyboard and our conversations.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2019, 04:47 PM

That's a good idea LQ. When I look back at my parents many photo albums, I feel sad at some of the great times that I used my phone camera instead of a proper camera to have them developed and put into an album. It's just not the same having my phone gallery and an album that will last forever. If something happened to my phone or I lose it, they are gone forever.

I have bought some albums now and print off the very special ones from my phone (to my computer) using special printer photo paper and have placed them in the album to look back on. They really look good.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2019, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Me too. I live in Hull
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2019, 06:34 PM

I often wish I'd had the forethought to do that with my grand parents, LQ, both lots had some good tales to tell!
I was told a lot of stories by my grandparents but I was a teenager, so I wasn't really listening. I wish I had.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2019, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
That's a good idea LQ. When I look back at my parents many photo albums, I feel sad at some of the great times that I used my phone camera instead of a proper camera to have them developed and put into an album. It's just not the same having my phone gallery and an album that will last forever. If something happened to my phone or I lose it, they are gone forever.

I have bought some albums now and print off the very special ones from my phone (to my computer) using special printer photo paper and have placed them in the album to look back on. They really look good.
Call me old fashioned, but.....
You can't beat a proper photo shropshiregirl...
AnneS
Morayshire, Scotland
AnneS is female  AnneS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2019, 08:05 PM

I have visitors from different countries ranging from Holland, South Africa, USA, German, India. I find spending time with them stretches my mind. I learn so much from different cultures and enjoy the challenges they bring too. I live alone (not lonely), but always enjoy visitors. The last couple were also from South Africa and I had never met them before, so for them and me it was a bit of a gamble but we all got on really well. They live in a gated community - I just cannot ever imagine doing that. Anyway - that is how I stretch my intellect.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 04:42 AM

Can you be suggesting I was a naughty child, Supermom?

In a way you'd be right!

I questioned everything - landed me in a whole heap of trouble!
Oh, I know you were : I questioned everything too - and too early. Just imagine the chaos we could have wreaked together .

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Well you are a bit too much sometimes for this coal miners son from a South Yorkshire Pit village Surfermom......

Only Joking..... You have been a breath of fresh air (literally) since you joined this forum ......
You've held your own since day one. You aren't foolin' me .
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
The late Oliver Sacks would be my choice
Most definitely. I've read his books and if you know Awakenings, that is a cousin to the condition my daughter had and was cured from using immunosuppressants and monoclonal antibodies. He was so close, but so far in saving those people. I wish he had lived long enough to see it.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Prof. Brian Cox always manages to get me thinking and he describes things in layman's terms which is better for me.
Agree, but the first thing I would want to discuss with him isn't astrophysics, but how he can be in his 50s and look like he's 12. He's onto something, I'm telling you .

AnneS
, you are incredibly fortunate to have such a diverse company of friends. So many insights to be had!
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 04:57 AM

I'm very fortunate to have two girls in my life who listen to my opinions and keep me grounded.One ,the dog,agrees with everything I say and the other,nothing.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top