Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 01:15 AM

You prefer to hate or be hated?

Not exactly a cheerful chatty topic to start the day...but I was thinking (again?)...
I am slowly getting used to being hated. And it is far better than hating someone. let the person who hates you, lose sleep over you instead of vice versa. And how many times I've been the one who hates, who ruminates every spare second of the day on some trivial incident which caused me to hate that person. That person became my nemesis, my reason to moan. If it wasn't for this person, my life would be happy. Turns out that nemeses are merely substituted though life. Once it was my older brother...now it's my boss. It is never ending.
Yeah but this girl hates me at work....and I don't care anymore. When everyone at work hates me...then it's time to leave, I guess. Yeah everyone hating you is a bit too much!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 06:32 AM

Re: You prefer to hate or be hated?

I hate that word hate!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 08:28 AM

I tend not to hate, or particularly love other folks, we all coexist in the same place and time, not sure any other individual is responsible for my Persona/Demeanor, it's o.k being "People Neutral".
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 08:30 AM

Hate is a negative emotion. I don't waste emotions.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 08:42 AM

Nick - I doubt you feel hate - but your feeling is very strong. I can relate to that, I have been hurt so many times and you 'never' get used to it..
My husband obviously gets me through but its tough even so ....
Just look for those things that give you a lift .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 09:05 AM

That person became my nemesis, my reason to moan. If it wasn't for this person, my life would be happy. Turns out that nemeses are merely substituted though life. Once it was my older brother...now it's my boss.
Hate is a pointless negative emotion which has the potential to do a great deal of harm to the 'hater'. It can affect a person not just mental but physically too.

I use to hate a number of people because I considered they had contributed to messing up my life . Once I 'let the hate go' I felt so much happier and at peace with myself .

This transformation came about after a neighbour came to see me.
We talked about 'my situation' and she revealed her past terrible history . It was worse than my own.
She said 'You can carry on hating and let these thoughts make you bitter or better. The choice is yours. When you get up each day ask yourself will I be bitter or better'.

I though about all she had said and it made sense. I put it into practice and soon began to feel better.

I don't know if anyone hates me, I hope not. If they do that is their burden to carry and beyond my control.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 09:09 AM

Good story Meg and one I have taken on board a few years back, it is so true ....
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 09:38 AM

I don't think that hate is necessarily negative. You can't just let everything go - sometimes you have to strike back. A bit like forgiveness - you just can't go around forgiving others if they do not show remorse for what they have done - that would just be letting them get away with it.

True, you shouldn't let it control you, but you should definitely keep in in your armoury.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
I don't think that hate is necessarily negative. You can't just let everything go - sometimes you have to strike back. A bit like forgiveness - you just can't go around forgiving others if they do not show remorse for what they have done - that would just be letting them get away with it.

True, you shouldn't let it control you, but you should definitely keep in in your armoury.
Hi George I haven't 'forgiven' the people I hated, I never will.
I just came to realise that my hating people was harming me so much so I was not only suffering the consequences of that which these people had done,I was being eaten up inside with bitterness and this was making me physically ill.
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 09:52 AM

I think to hate someone does us more harm than the hated person. I'm not talking about murderers or paedophiles or other such vile people. I'm talking about people that we know.

If someone hates us then we must have done something that they feel strongly about to create that emotion. I'd be asking myself what I'd done wrong.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top