Join for free
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2009, 11:06 AM

Anyone involved in dog rescue?

My mum, who's in her early eighties, recently lost her lovely rescue dog after (I think) 7 happy years. She's taken the last 3 months to 'take a break/enjoy the summer' etc but is now talking about getting a new dog 'in September', so they can bond nicely as the days shorten.
So, just in case anyone is involved with rescue (SW England) could I ask them to look out for a quiet bitch, any size up to and including lab, past puppyhood but not an oldie, and without 'issues' (I think it's fair enough for an eighty year old not to want a 'problem hound').
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2009, 03:40 PM

Re: Anyone involved in dog rescue?

Don't think we've got many rescues from the SW on Dogsey: http://www.dogsey.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143

Good luck with the hunt!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2009, 04:43 PM

Re: Anyone involved in dog rescue?

Thanks Azz.
I've had a look in Dogsey but there's nothing at the mo.
No rush, sometime before the clocks change will be fine.
Mum is coming over to stay for a few days at the BH, so we may have a good look round the shelters then

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top