Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 06:19 AM

Good Morning Sunday

Morning all

Been awake since 4.30am and not been able to get back to sleep and I've woken up with a really sore throat, caught it off my husband, I think I might have to kill him!

I don't think it a good idea that I see my Dad today, I don't want to pass anything on to him.

Was supposed to be going to a gathering today of my best friends family for a birthday memorial meal of her brother who passed 4 years ago, I don't think it a good idea to go because my best friend is in very poor health and I would hate to pass the germs onto her. I'm going to ring her and tell her so she can decide whether or not she wants me to risk going and her picking anything up. I don't feel poorly as such (yet) but my throat is very sore.

Anyway, I hope everyone is feeling fine today and enjoy whatever you have planned, or, if you are just simply having a lazy day, enjoy!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 06:41 AM

Re: Good Morning Sunday

Good Morning everyone.

Hope you feel better soon LQ - seems to be something that is doing the rounds - two of my friends are down with it!

Just when I thought it was safe to come out of the kitchen - friends turned up with a huge bag of plums - so it is back to jars, spices and Maslin pans for me today.

Plus - my shiny new deep freezer arrived yesterday - left it a few hours to settle in after it's journey. Switched on last night - all seems well - so I will be making some Cottage Pies, Beef Stew, and Hunter's Chicken to start filling it up! Emailed an order through to the Butcher yesterday - said I would pick it all up on Monday but, bless him, he is going to deliver it today so I don't have to carry it. Aren't people kind?

Have a fun day - I am going to!!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 07:11 AM

Good morning everyone, a sunny start here for the first of September, and a hedgehog on the lawn first thing which was quite exciting, not seen one in the garden for years....

Just heading out with the dogs then may have a walk around the garden centre later, as they are having a sale due to the place changing hands next week so there may be a bargain to be had.

Have a good day folks
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 07:17 AM

Morning all.
Cool but sunny here today.

I'm still in a bit of discomfort because of the hernia I'm experiencing at the moment. It's now aggravated the other side too so I'll be resting again today. I do need to keep active in some way though as too much sitting down is causing some pain in my lower abdomen. I think some medium-paced treadmill walking might be the best way to get my body back in the land of the living, so I'll try that later.

LQ- Sorry to hear you might be coming down with something. I know it's upsetting but you are right to stay away from your relations, especially your dad who will be more prone to catching colds because of his age. You can always meet up again when you are feeling better

Have a nice day all

Have a nice day all
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 08:18 AM

Good Morning everyone, have a good day, keep warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 08:21 AM

Good morning from ‘out in the rural sticks’ to you all!

Chilly here this morning. The forecast is for a dry and sunny start with a few showers this afternoon. Maximum temperature 21ºC – considerably cooler, thank goodness!

A day of mundane household chores for me. Unfortunately these things have to be done. I cannot live in a tip, it’s not me and it’s also not healthy!

LQ – hope you soon get rid of whatever bug you may have, probably best to wait a while before seeing your Dad. He will understand and you can catch up later.

Floydy – your hernia problem sounds very uncomfortable, do what you feel best but take things easy. No trying to just do this or that, I know what you fitness fanatics are!

Enjoy your day everybody, whatever you may be doing.

A quick edit, I almost forgot – 1st of the month so white rabbits, pinch and a punch and all that!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 08:30 AM

Good morning all.

Pinch, Punch first day of the month to you all.

Its a bit chilly outside but the sun is shining.

I had a Deer in my front garden this morning eating my Crab Apples that have fallen off the tree, he is welcome to eat them all.

Nothing planned for today.

Have a nice day all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 08:52 AM

Good morning everyone a lovely sunny autumn morning.

The children go back to school tomorrow I won't see much of the 3 older now for a while .

Lots to do starting with some cleaning and a mirror to mend. It fell out of its bracket scraping the wall in the process
Enjoy your day

LQ I hope your throat is better soon, maybe you caught it on the holiday coach.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 09:14 AM

Good morning all a beautiful sunny September morning too..

No special plans for the day, may potter around in the garden as it has the end of the season look about it.

LQ, I hope you feel better soon and the sore throat doesn’t develop into something worse.

Enjoy your day everyone
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Good morning all.

Pinch, Punch first day of the month to you all.

Its a bit chilly outside but the sun is shining.

I had a Deer in my front garden this morning eating my Crab Apples that have fallen off the tree, he is welcome to eat them all.

Nothing planned for today.

Have a nice day all.
Oooh - Crab Apple Jelly!??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top