Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 10:47 PM

Re: Coronavirus Face Masks

Originally Posted by biffo ->
i will take that in the spirit in which it was meant
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I don't know why but these masks have always been popular with the oriental types, women mostly/always, in London. I mean, for as long as I can remember a day doesn't go by without seeing a masked Chinese girl. I think they are clean, health-conscious people, but there's been stuff in the tabloids recently about them and their strange culinary habits.

Have I bought one? No.

Because, allegedly, most masks are useless, you need to protect your eyes as well, how many for how long 100, 200 or more?
I've been thinking about that today, are the mask useless. I suppose if you have a cold or getting the flu if you wear a mask and sneeze it will help to stop you spraying droplets from that sneeze thus helping to stop the next person getting it? I dunno, just a thought doody
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Same round here, Foxy.
Empty in all the supermarkets here too.

You'd best buy plenty of wet wipes before they disappear as well.
Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I went to Tesco tonight and the shelves where the antibacterial soap is was almost empty. I have to admit, I bought one myself

I'm also becoming paranoid about germs and I'm getting ocd with washing my hands and wiping my surfaces down with dettol wipes, of course I wash my hands but I'm taking it a bit far, I can't seem to help it. I think I need help, I bet i'm not alone either with this virus.

One thing, my house has never been as clean lol
The power of the media eh......
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The power of the media eh......
yeah and the thing is I keep watching and reading the damn news, I'm getting News OCD now! Help me Foxy
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

28-02-2020, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
yeah and the thing is I keep watching and reading the damn news, I'm getting News OCD now! Help me Foxy
Haha yes Lion Queen, when Fishlake flooded my daughter (who lives out of town) was following the news bulletins on Twitter, and rang late one night because she was worried about her Mum and Dad....She thought all South Yorkshire had been submerged...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Plenty our way - I think they call them niqabs.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 12:01 AM

Read this very informative document.
https://www.newscientist.com/article...d-19-pandemic/

In addition to everything else, it explains that these ubiquitous face masks are ineffective as a means of personal protection.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 12:05 AM

Hand sanitiser is a waste of money apparently the best method is washing your hand with soap and water for 20 seconds and then drying them thoroughly (that is important).

Another important procedureis to try not to touch your face and cough into your elbow.

As for masks they reckon wearing them is pointless unless you have covid19 when you should wear a mask.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2...ntion/11958878
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Is it me or does that looks like a pair of underpants.
Nicked off your washing line?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 08:50 AM

Hi

Hand Sanitiser does not work on dirty hands.

You need to wash your hands before using it.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top