Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 09:49 PM

Banks, Post Offices .... closed or not?

I'm confused. He didn't mention them at all.

I wonder if they'll be open or not.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 09:53 PM

Re: Banks, Post Offices .... closed or not?

Do I go to work tomorrow? its not an essential service.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'm confused. He didn't mention them at all.

I wonder if they'll be open or not.
Hi

Banks and Post Offices will be open.

People need to access money and Pensions.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 10:05 PM

Thanks Swims ... I'm getting in a mither here as I'll have to go and draw some money out.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

23-03-2020, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Do I go to work tomorrow? its not an essential service.
Neither is mine but I'm self employed and not getting any help from the government like the employees who're getting 80% of their pay so I shall be working until a copper catches me and tells me otherwise.
I can't afford this.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 10:29 PM

My window cleaner was worried about how he can pay cash into his account so that he can cover his bills. The hole in the wall is fine, to a point, but people still need to get into the bank to make more complex transactions.

By the very nature of tellers being behind screens, they will be more protected than most retail outlets.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Banks and Post Offices will be open.

People need to access money and Pensions.

That is good to know, Swimmy. I have 'pay as you go' meters for Gas/Electricity. At one time I could credit the keys in the village shop and many other shops but, just before Christmas, 'they' stopped that. I can now only credit them at a Post Office. If they closed the Post Offices I would soon be without heat/light/cooking facilities!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
My window cleaner was worried about how he can pay cash into his account so that he can cover his bills. The hole in the wall is fine, to a point, but people still need to get into the bank to make more complex transactions.

By the very nature of tellers being behind screens, they will be more protected than most retail outlets.
The ones in my nearest bank, since they closed so many, aren't, they have a desk & a screen & anyone can walk around it if they feel like it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Neither is mine but I'm self employed and not getting any help from the government like the employees who're getting 80% of their pay so I shall be working until a copper catches me and tells me otherwise.
I can't afford this.
Hi

If you are cleaning for a premises that can legally remain open you will be fine.

If you are cleaning for an essential worker you will be fine.

If you are cleaning for someone elderly or disabled, you will be fine.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

If you are cleaning for a premises that can legally remain open you will be fine.

If you are cleaning for an essential worker you will be fine.

If you are cleaning for someone elderly or disabled, you will be fine.
That'll be my Son then, he cleans police stations, work shops & offices. Thank goodness for that & thanks, Swim.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top