Join for free
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 09:33 AM

Race Across the World

I stumbled on this programme by accident halfway through. I assumed it was the usual lot of Z list celebs farting about the place, but no, it's really very good, with 5 teams of two people of all ages, trying to get from Mexico City to the bottom of South America. They only have so much money each, and can only take buses, trains or ferries to get to the destination first. I enjoyed it so much, that I went on BBC i player to catch it from the beginning.There was also a series one previously, going from London to Singapore, also available on i Player. I've just finished that one last night! There are two episodes left, on this Sunday BBC2 9 pm, it's 8 of 9. Worth checking out from the beginning.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 09:41 AM

Re: Race Across the World

I have watched this from the start, the teams start with the equivalent of the airfare for the journey, I have full respect for these folks, venturing to some iffy parts of the world.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 11:28 AM

I wonder if it is based on "The Amazing Race" which used to air on one of the American channels.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
I stumbled on this programme by accident halfway through. I assumed it was the usual lot of Z list celebs farting about the place, but no, it's really very good, with 5 teams of two people of all ages, trying to get from Mexico City to the bottom of South America. They only have so much money each, and can only take buses, trains or ferries to get to the destination first. I enjoyed it so much, that I went on BBC i player to catch it from the beginning.There was also a series one previously, going from London to Singapore, also available on i Player. I've just finished that one last night! There are two episodes left, on this Sunday BBC2 9 pm, it's 8 of 9. Worth checking out from the beginning.
Absolutely brilliant John.
Although I think all the couples are so brave and likeable I was really surprised and impressed at the compassion and friendliness of the two Muslim lads.
It just makes you realise how friendly people generally are. They have received help and friendship far beyond what I would have expected. I guess I've been watching too many films and watching too much news. They will remember their experiences and the bonds made with the other competitors for the rest of their lives.
I hope there will be another series soon.....
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 11:08 PM

You'd be ideal for this Foxy. I can just see you running your little heart out throughout the journey! Any chance of you and Mrs Foxy entering into the next one, if there is another!?? Got a feeling it could be Russia or Siberia, brrrrrrrr!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 10:43 AM

You'd be ideal for this Foxy. I can just see you running your little heart out throughout the journey! Any chance of you and Mrs Foxy entering into the next one, if there is another!?? Got a feeling it could be Russia or Siberia, brrrrrrrr!
I'm up for it John but it would have to be somewhere warm, I hate the cold...
Unfortunately Mrs Foxes knee is shot so I'd have to choose another partner....

I've had a think... And I'm going to see if Holly Willoughby is busy...

John
Eastleigh Hampshire

23-04-2020, 12:01 PM

Oh she is very busy Foxy! Mind you, her mucker is available night & day. Just make sure Foxy, that he runs up front!

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-04-2020, 12:10 PM

Oh she is very busy Foxy! Mind you, her mucker is available night & day. Just make sure Foxy, that he runs up front!
Oh heck John.....My worst nightmare....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top