Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 04:26 PM

Covid Vaccination Centres Popping Up

Anyone else got one near them?
I have.

I was expecting them to be located in cities or large towns and so for the majority of UK citizens it would involve a fairly long distance journey to get the jab. If not that, your local hospital.

I live in a town of about 13,000 people and when I went to pick up a prescription at the local chemist last week they had a new sign up saying ... They were the first site in the area to receive approval as a Covid vaccination centre.
They were already dismantling the usual shelves and erecting partitions and roped off areas.

I asked and they said at the moment it was chaos and no one really knew what was happening but the intention is the procedure will be ... you'll get notified by the NHS when it is your turn, you then phone or e-mail the chemist and book your appointment.
That simple.

I must say I was pleasantly surprised.

Anyone else discovered a site popping up near them?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 04:31 PM

Re: Covid Vaccination Centres Popping Up

Not yet but, there again, we haven't been into town since last Tuesday.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 04:35 PM

I admire those tackling the logistics of it all ... if they can reduce it to this kind of convenient local level it can only be for the better.

Not everyone can easily travel a goodly distance and it also reduces unnecessary people movement across the tiers.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Not yet but, there again, we haven't been into town since last Tuesday.
No idea here either, but I hope it'll be local when the time comes.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 06:35 PM

Thought I saw something about somewhere in Manchester (possibly near Man City ground) being set up. Guess that utilising the current testin centres woukd make sense if they can train enought people to administer the injections.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2020, 12:20 AM

I think we have had one for a while now but not noticed it when driving by. we do have a Nightingale hospital about ten miles away but I have never seen anyone go in or out.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2020, 12:42 AM

I have a feeling we might have one in our GP surgery car park, but I'm not sure.
I noticed there has been one of those static caravan type things in their car park, like they have sometimes for mammograms, so maybe it is for the vaccinations?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2020, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Anyone else got one near them?

Yes - there is one in the car park of a 'park and ride' facility - three of my neighbours have been vaccinated there.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2020, 03:01 PM

Hi

I will not be having the vaccine anytime soon.

I am 69 not 70.

I have had 7 tests and been Covid Free.

My discharge letter puts me in Category 3, Low risk.

I cannot drive for a month and I need to isolate until 18th January.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2020, 03:18 PM

Not sure when I will get mine, or where, but I assume my GP surgery will let us know, as they do with most vulnerable people for the Fiu jab!

Apart from shopping for food or going to medical appointments I have spent most of my time at home & I am beginning to enjoy it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top