Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 10:08 AM

But We still Keep Catching A Common Cold!

Sad, isn't it?

Despite all of this hard work put in on the Covid Virus, Flu virus & and various others, we still keep getting the common cold, every year, maybe two or three times a year!

It's time for a change!

For example, I've had all of the recommended injections, this year, but was hardly back home before the dripping nose started, again, and I had to get a sick note to allow me to stay at home, during the lockdown.

There's no Furlough, for retirees, at home on a pension!

Where are all of the Vaccination Companies, when you need them?

Can they not work out a fix?

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 11:21 AM

Re: But We still Keep Catching A Common Cold!

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Sad, isn't it?

Despite all of this hard work put in on the Covid Virus, Flu virus & and various others, we still keep getting the common cold, every year, maybe two or three times a year!

It's time for a change!

For example, I've had all of the recommended injections, this year, but was hardly back home before the dripping nose started, again, and I had to get a sick note to allow me to stay at home, during the lockdown.

There's no Furlough, for retirees, at home on a pension!

Where are all of the Vaccination Companies, when you need them?

Can they not work out a fix?

I've heard of quite a few people who developed a bad cold after having the jab Ted, makes you think doesn't it....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I've heard of quite a few people who developed a bad cold after having the jab Ted, makes you think doesn't it....
It looks like an easy victory, for the common cold, because there are no other competitors?

But!

If we are wearing masks, keeping 2m apart, washing our hands a lot, staying locked away most of the time, how are we catching the common cold?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 01:04 PM

It looks like an easy victory, for the common cold, because there are no other competitors?

But!

If we are wearing masks, keeping 2m apart, washing our hands a lot, staying locked away most of the time, how are we catching the common cold?
Allthough you are doing all those things Ted, do you visit the doctors
or the hospital on a regular basis ??
I find l only get a cold if l go to the doctors or hospital !!
lve not been to either for over a year now and have not had a cold
either ??

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 01:10 PM

The common cold, the SARS-CoV-2 virus, and various flu viruses are a different kettle of fish against which there's no universal vaccine. That's why infection and even coinfection is possible. However, the sanitary measures that are effective in curbing a COVID infection have also prevented the usual influenza outbreak last winter.
Catching a common cold may happen but the question is whether that happens on a large scale. A dripping nose may also be a common side-effect of a COVID jab and not necessarily a common cold. The exact circumstances and symptoms have to be thoroughly assessed.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

28-06-2021, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Allthough you are doing all those things Ted, do you visit the doctors
or the hospital on a regular basis ??
I find l only get a cold if l go to the doctors or hospital !!
lve not been to either for over a year now and have not had a cold
either ??

Donkeyman! 👍👍
DM, haven't got into a Doctor Surgery for over a year.

My nose dripping is only a big problem when it drips into my coffee cup, and overflows it, otherwise I just drip on!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 02:40 PM

DM, haven't got into a Doctor Surgery for over a year.

My nose dripping is only a big problem when it drips into my coffee cup, and overflows it, otherwise I just drip on!
That confounds my theory then Ted don't it ?
I think Dachs has got the right idea though !
Just watching the tennis, spectators don't looked spaced and not
wearing masks ??
Does this mean the emergency is over ?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 03:39 PM

According to this American website there are more than 200 different common cold causing viruses. Strewth, there's no wonder there isn't a single vaccine against that lot.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 04:29 PM

I have not had a cold for about 35 - 40 years!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I have not had a cold for about 35 - 40 years!
One thing I do know about the common cold is that once you catch one of the viruses, you are protected for life so, you must have had a considerable number of colds when you were a tiddler to be cold-free for so long.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top