Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 11:50 AM

Re: Windows 10 Updates

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Yup. Which is why I have ALWAYS disabled MS updates from day 1. Never had a single update, never had a single problem with my PC or laptop. Each to their own.
I just allow `Defender` virus definition updates to be installed. Updates to MS Office and security patches are allowed after I've done research on them to see if they're actually needed. The ones I posted earlier are sneaky attempts by MS to pave the way for Win 10.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 11:47 PM

Microsoft have released further updates for Windows 10:

* Improved reliability of Windows Media Player, Internet Explorer 11, Windows Explorer, Miracast, and Windows kernel.

* Fixed issue with some people seeing a black screen instead of the lock screen when resuming from connected standby.

* Fixed issue with DirectAccess where the Disconnect button appears in some cases when the connection isn't fully established.

* Fixed issue where local user accounts weren't locked after a number of failed sign in attempts.

* Improved support for video playback in certain apps that didn't render video correctly after resuming from sleep.

* Fixed issue with Windows Phone losing user authentication certificates after upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile in some cases.

* Improved support of the backup settings of apps on Windows 10 Mobile.

* Fixed issue where Microsoft Silverlight based apps wouldn't install on Windows 10 Mobile after joining Azure Active Directory.

* Fixed additional issues in .NET, Windows Kernel, Windows Update, authentication, revised daylight saving time, support for PDF files, Bluetooth, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, networking, and Wi-Fi connectivity.

* Security updates for Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Kernel Mode Drivers, Windows Kernel, .NET Framework, Windows

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 02:37 AM

Still no fix for the broken File History function, then .....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 06:15 AM

Edge not remembering its last Window position hasn't been fixed yet.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Edge not remembering its last Window position hasn't been fixed yet.
Edge is such a poor program I don't think it matters however it is rumoured that after 29th July there will be a massive upgrade of Windows 10 including big changes to Cortana and programs like Edge (personally I never use either). I presume this is to coincide with the fact that you have to pay for the operating system from then on and to make a paid upgrade more attractive.

We shall see.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

14-07-2016, 06:34 AM

I read Edge is a browser that many do like. Others try it from time to time to see if they could get to like it. I fall into the latter with that. I don't use it but keep an eye on it.

Same with File History. I haven't used or needed this function, so any bugs haven't been an annoyance for me. They must be annoying for those who want to use it however.

Improvements in Cortana will be for others too. Not a cyber-person I've felt attracted to and has been silenced on my system.

It will be interesting to see if the complaints with Edge or File History have been addressed in the 'Anniversary Update' but if not, they won't affect my own usage of W.10. I hope the bugs will be fixed for those who want to use the functions though.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

09-08-2016, 10:55 PM

August 9th 2016 Windows 10 Update details:

* Improved reliability for Internet Explorer 11.

* Addressed issue to keep pen click settings after updating to Windows 10 Version 1607.

* Addressed issue that may cause Windows 10 Mobile devices to hang after turning Bluetooth on and off very quickly.

* Security updates to Kernel Mode Drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, and Windows Authentication Methods.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...update-history

Further security updates:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3176495
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 11:38 PM

Microsoft have released further updates for Windows 10:

* Improved reliability of Windows Media Player, Internet Explorer 11, Windows Explorer, Miracast, and Windows kernel.

* Fixed issue with some people seeing a black screen instead of the lock screen when resuming from connected standby.

* Fixed issue with DirectAccess where the Disconnect button appears in some cases when the connection isn't fully established.

* Fixed issue where local user accounts weren't locked after a number of failed sign in attempts.

* Improved support for video playback in certain apps that didn't render video correctly after resuming from sleep.

* Fixed issue with Windows Phone losing user authentication certificates after upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile in some cases.

* Improved support of the backup settings of apps on Windows 10 Mobile.

* Fixed issue where Microsoft Silverlight based apps wouldn't install on Windows 10 Mobile after joining Azure Active Directory.

* Fixed additional issues in .NET, Windows Kernel, Windows Update, authentication, revised daylight saving time, support for PDF files, Bluetooth, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, networking, and Wi-Fi connectivity.

* Security updates for Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Kernel Mode Drivers, Windows Kernel, .NET Framework, Windows

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history
Having had so many operating systems on which to practice one would think Microsoft would now have the ability to release one which didn't require so many updates
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

10-08-2016, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Having had so many operating systems on which to practice one would think Microsoft would now have the ability to release one which didn't require so many updates
Such is life. It's not just Microsoft. think Mac releases updates less frequently but they tend to be large when they are made available (if our iPad is anything to go by). Linux Mint releases smaller updates just about on a weekly basis. There seems no escape no matter what the platform.

I should just say that the above updates have come after the 'Anniversary Update'. Perhaps only for those who have done that. Just going by my own system (Anniversary Update done a few days ago).
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2016, 12:15 AM

I should just say that the above updates have come after the 'Anniversary Update'. Perhaps only for those who have done that. Just going by my own system (Anniversary Update done a few days ago).
My Anniversary Update is working OK and I am now downloading the latest updates.

Rumour has it that the File History problem is fixed after the latest updates - but I'm not holding my breath .....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top