Join for free
Page 30 of 56 « First < 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 > Last »
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 10:26 AM

Re: Flu jab 2018 booked

Originally Posted by Realist ->
It is entirely possible that it is due to the flu shot. Here is the list of adverse reactions from the current supposedly "enhanced" flu shot, FLUAD:

FLUAD Adverse Side Effects

Very Common - Headache, Myalgia, Tenderness, pain at injection site, fatigue,

Common - Nausea, Diarrhoea, Vomiting, Sweating, Arthralgia

Other General disorders observed

Asthenia, Influenza-Like Illness

Extensive swelling of injected limb lasting more than one week, injection-site cellulitis-like reaction (some cases of swelling, pain and redness extending more than 10 cm and lasting more than one week).

Allergic reactions including anaphylactic shock (in rare cases), anaphylaxis and angioedema.

Pain in the extremity, muscular weakness

Encephalomyelitis, Guillain-Barré Syndrome, convulsions, neuritis, neuralgia, paraesthesia, syncope, presyncope.

Generalised skin reactions including erythema multiforme, urticaria, pruritus or non-specific rash.

Vasculitis with transient renal involvement.

When you use terms like "on balance" that tends to suggest you have weighed the pros/cons and available data.

I'm interested to understand why you think that "on balance" it would be better to have the vaccine when the available peer reviewed and internationally respected data very clearly indicates that the flu shot won't prevent you getting the flu at all. Do you simply disbelieve the most respected medical research body in the world or have you additional/better data?

Also worth noting the ACTUAL STATEMENTS ON THE FLU VACCINE (FLUAD) LEAFLET itself which state:

"Data demonstrating a decrease in influenza disease after vaccination with FLUAD are not available"

"Vaccination with FLUAD may not protect all vaccine recipients against influenza disease."

"There are no data to assess the concomitant administration of FLUAD with other vaccines"

"There are, however, no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women"

"The safety and effectiveness of FLUAD in the paediatric population have not been established"

"FLUAD has not been evaluated for carcinogenic or mutagenic potential, or for impairment of male fertility in animals"
I take your point Realist, I have had that lethargy for a week or so after the injection before and my decision to have the injection is not based on much actual data or facts...
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
my decision to have the injection is not based on much actual data or facts...
Oh ok, that's regrettable.

I doubt however you are alone. The purposeful Campaign Of Fear that is used to push and market the flu vaccine is, I think, for many people the driver that sees them go to their GP and get a shot. I think if more knew the truth of the sitution they would be extremely angry at having been utterly duped and had their health put at risk.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Oh ok, that's regrettable.

I doubt however you are alone. The purposeful Campaign Of Fear that is used to push and market the flu vaccine is, I think, for many people the driver that sees them go to their GP and get a shot. I think if more knew the truth of the sitution they would be extremely angry at having been utterly duped and had their health put at risk.
Give it a rest!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 01:18 PM

I always feel the anti vaccers are ones spreading more fear than those saying have the vaccination. I'd hate anyone not to have one and die because of fear of what are quite rare complications.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I always feel the anti vaccers are ones spreading more fear than those saying have the vaccination.
Feelings are usually misplaced and in this case they most certainly are. The medical industry from the very top right the way down the food chain is using a deliberate media Campaign Of Fear to try to generate demand for the flu vaccine. That's not hearsay, it's absolute fact and evidenced by the Powerpoint slide presentation of Glen Nowak, director of the CDC.

On that basis your statement above falls very short of the truth. "Anti vaccers" at least in relation to the flu vaccine are fighting hard to broadcast the true situation amidst MASSIVE media campaigning from a multi billion dollar industry. I mean just listen to the pathetic adverts on the TV and radio skillfully directing people to get flu shots.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'd hate anyone not to have one and die because of fear of what are quite rare complications.
This can't happen though and if you've followed these Flu vaccine threads and properly looked at the available data and evidence then you already know this.

The flu vaccine can not and does not prevent people from catching the flu. It really is that simple. It even states as much on the flu vaccine insert leaflet.

So if someone contracts the Flu and dies, the flu vaccine is completely and utterly nothing to do with it. Whether they had the flu shot or not, makes absolutely no difference. They were always going to contract the flu regardless and there's just no getting away from that reality.

Frankly I am personally far more concerned about innocent and trusting people being given things like Encephalomyelitis, Guillain-Barré Syndrome, convulsions, neuritis, neuralgia, paraesthesia, syncope, presyncope,
Generalised skin reactions including erythema multiforme, urticaria, pruritus, Vasculitis with transient renal involvement . . . . . all for no reason whatsoever.

There's absolutely no rational reason whatsoever to even contemplate risking those kind of complications by having a vaccine that has no positive benefit whatsoever. It's a Lose Lose situation. Absolutely nothing to be gained and much to be lost.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 09:01 PM

Reactions to the flu vaccine are very rare. Feeling a bit rough for a few days is normal. I always get the tenderness and pain at the site of the injection and feel tired and lethargic for a few days. I have this sort of reaction to travel vacs too. It's nothing like having flu and I will try anything to avoid the nightmare that was 8 years ago when I ended up in hospital. It definitely stimulates my immune system for a couple of months at least, which is always the worst time to get sick.

It hasn't stopped me getting non flu bugs such as a sore throat and cough, but I have not had anything "fluey" since having the jab. I don't know if that's down to the jab or down to having H1N1 and the immunity that provides, but I don't plan on finding out.

Everyone has to make their own decision on this but this is my decision.

I can say with confidence that natural remedies can be far more dangerous. At least there is research on the flu vaccine so you can make your own minds up, but you can buy off the shelf natural remedies that can make you incredibly ill. Happened to me. The fact is that everything we do in life carries a risk.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 09:05 PM

Oh and by the way I'd love for someone to tell me what's a natural remedy for allergies. Because I ended up with a contraindication with a natural remedy and anti histamines. But without the anti histamines I'd end up with anaphylaxis so I'd love to hear the intelligence on that!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 11:32 PM

Oh dear, is this thread still going . . . .

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 11:33 PM

You both have good arguments why one should or shouldn't have the flu jab but the pair of you really get on my nerves. Are you both getting paid for this argument lol. Let people make up their own minds, if it's the right or wrong decision then on our own heads be it! It's gotten boring now !
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

16-10-2018, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
You both have good arguments why one should or shouldn't have the flu jab
I would disagree totally with that statement TBH.

Only one side has good arguments which are in truth simply the peer reviewed irrefutable studies published by respected medical research bodies. The other side have only emotional rhetoric and are hugely biased towards the NHS for very obvious reasons.

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Let people make up their own minds, if it's the right or wrong decision then on our own heads be it!
Well that's the whole point of my personal posting in this thread and others. People ARE being HUGELY mislead by the medical industry, NHS and all associated stooges so it is absolutely vital that they are given the facts so that, as you rightly say, they can make up their own mind.

There are millions of people out there totally unaware that the flu vaccine is useless and a total fraud. It's right that it should be highlighted as much as possible to let people make an informed decision.

Page 30 of 56 « First < 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top