Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 07:55 PM

Re: Biting my tongue

I love my library and agree, naughty, noisy annoying kids drive you to distraction and need disciplining but does it work?

In my local library the police are often called because the school kids that use the computer are very threatening and the librarians are very polite and scared they must get so frustrated!!

Having said that this is also true, I found when in a queue in anywhere, and a child is really throwing a wobbler and the mother smacks it, comments - tut did you see that woman smack that child disgraceful she should be reported. If the mother doesn't smack the child the comments - If that was my child I would give it a smack!

You can't win either way.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Liked Mums attitude but sounds as if the child should have been taken ouside and mumexplain that if it didnt stop crying she would give him a slap, then give him one. My Grannie used to tell the children(hers) that if they misbehaved they would be smacked when they got home no matter how late it was she wouldnt forget.
That's precisely what I meant when I said my hand would 'itch' - itching to give the little sod a sharp smack across the back of his legs Annie darlin'.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 06:59 PM

thats the way to do it a crack across the back of the legs, sure and simple. And if that doesnt work.... give the mother one as well.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 08:29 PM

thats the way to do it a crack across the back of the legs, sure and simple. And if that doesnt work.... give the mother one as well.
Love it lol. Wish proper Disapline would come back again.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Love it lol. Wish proper Disapline would come back again.
Agreed. I'm the oldest of 5 and we're surprisingly well-adjusted adults despite being smacked when we deserved it!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2012, 07:10 PM

I got the cane at school most days as the girl I went with was always late therefor so was I, if you were late you got the cane, queued up outside the headmasters office held out your hand and just one strike.On Mondays we all went into the hall and the big boys were given the cat on the stage by the headmaster. After that we all said our tables etc. That was Godfrey Ermans School in Peel Green. Eccles.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2012, 09:49 PM

the big boys were given the cat on the stage by the headmaster. .
In front of the rest of the students?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2012, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
In front of the rest of the students?
YUP!!! - and at my school an entire class was disciplined with a leather strap.
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2012, 09:01 AM

We all got Smacked around the back of the Legs when we were little. Didn't do us any harm and I often feel like telling a young Mum to stop being so Mamsy Pamsy and give the Little Monster a well deserved Smack.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

01-07-2012, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
YUP!!! - and at my school an entire class was disciplined with a leather strap.
Bet it was quite effective too. Thumbs up!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top