Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 10:17 AM

Re: A Hospital short stay.

Mups sorry to hear of the bad time that you had when your mum was taken into hospital.

Sorry I don't know your circumstances but is there not anyone else who could take some of the load off of you for a bit, as you say if you are always fighting someone to get things done for your mum it takes it out of you.

Sending my best wishes to you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 02:14 PM

Thankyou for your kind wishes Shirley. Unfortunately I am the only person in the family able or willing to help Mum, and you're right - it does take it out of me. Trouble is, if I turn my back she will have no one, so there's not much choice is there.
Thankyou again though.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes I know it wouldn't correct anything Pats, it was purely to let off a bit of steam. You say it needs to be brought to the attention of those who can do something about it, but last time I did a formal complaint no one wanted to take any responsibility in the slightest. Even when I asked to see her stool chart it conveniently went missing! I will be very concerned if Mum has to go back to that ward.
Maybe I'll talk to the PALS people tomorrow and see what they say, they were very helpful before.
Thanks for the good wishes though Pats..
It's no good just complaining at ward level Mups.

Yes have a word with PALS it has to be brought to the attention of a higher authority..

Good luck.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 02:29 PM

What puzzles me is why it's always the poor patient who has to complain surely some of the staff notice these things too how about they speak up too ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
It's no good just complaining at ward level Mups.

Yes have a word with PALS it has to be brought to the attention of a higher authority..

Good luck.

No, it wasn't just at ward level Pats, that was only one tiny part. I had to get copies of all her medical records and deal with the chief executive, if only I could show you the response I think you would understand my frustration.
When Mum got the C.Diff they even denied knowing she had severe diarrohea, yet were sending bags full of appalling soaked clothing home for me to wash daily!
I can't go into anymore here, and it is in the past now anyway, but this is why I lost hope in complaining. I couldn't keep fighting their lies anymore, when I was exhausted myself.

By the way, I did speak to PALS this afternoon and they said lost drugs are taken seriously and I'm to send a formal letter, which I have just done. Not holding out much hope of any answers though.

Thanks for the good luck wishes anyway.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-04-2014, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
What puzzles me is why it's always the poor patient who has to complain surely some of the staff notice these things too how about they speak up too ?

O.k. in theory Julie, but in my experience they all stick together.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 03:39 PM

O.k. in theory Julie, but in my experience they all stick together.
I know I guess that is what puzzles me a caring profession and people don't seem to care in some cases
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
e

Some of us do speak up Julie and that way things are not likely to spiral out of control like it obviously does in some hospitals.
Pats
Lincolnshire

14-04-2014, 03:55 PM

No, it wasn't just at ward level Pats, that was only one tiny part. I had to get copies of all her medical records and deal with the chief executive, if only I could show you the response I think you would understand my frustration.
When Mum got the C.Diff they even denied knowing she had severe diarrohea, yet were sending bags full of appalling soaked clothing home for me to wash daily!

By the way, I did speak to PALS this afternoon and they said lost drugs are taken seriously and I'm to send a formal letter, which I have just done. Not holding out much hope of any answers though.

Thanks for the good luck wishes though.
I am sorry to hear this Mups......that hospital is obviously bad from the top down.

I hope that you get somewhere with PALS.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-04-2014, 10:28 PM

Thanks Pats, will let you know if anything interesting occurs.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top