Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2014, 11:44 PM

Re: A Hospital short stay.

Still no reply to my complaint yet.
I also discovered when I went to change Mum's morphine patch, that they put her new one on as I asked them to, but didn't remove the previous one first, so she has been wearing TWO. No wonder she can't keep awake!!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2014, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I also discovered when I went to change Mum's morphine patch, that they put her new one on as I asked them to, but didn't remove the previous one first, so she has been wearing TWO. No wonder she can't keep awake!!
And no wonder she is falling!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2014, 03:50 PM

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2014, 04:45 PM

Outrageous!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2014, 10:39 PM

The lack of communication between some health professionals always amazes me too. For example - last Friday Mum's GP phoned me. She wanted to know why I asked her to phone. I hadn't asked her to phone and hadn't got a clue what she was on about. She kept saying she had received a message saying I wanted her to ring, but I hadn't asked for any such thing, and in the end I told her somebody had made a mistake.
The next day I discovered the district nurse had asked the GP to VISIT Mum as she was concerned about her legs swelling badly. This is bad communication. For a start, if the nurse had told me she was concerned and had requested a visit, I could have told the doctor this instead of just letting her go. Secondly, if the nurse had made her instructions clear at the surgery, Mum would have got the visit and the help she needed.
As it is, the surgery has been closed all over Easter and now Mum can barely walk!! I suspect all this mess was caused by the nurse asking the GP to CALL on Mum, instead of using the word VISIT. That's why the GP "called". . .

How she thought she would see Mum's legs over the phone is beyond me!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 08:23 AM

Truly shocking is what I want to say sadly almost predictable is what I actually need to say.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-04-2014, 10:34 AM

Well the update here is the hospital people rang me about my letter and asked what I wanted to happen. I said I wasn't after anyone's blood, but I would be happy if they just owned up to the mistakes they had made and apologised, that's all. The lady said she would get the ward sister to ring me then. That was 2 days ago and so far - not a word!!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2014, 10:48 AM

Pretty sad reflection on the hospital if they have to ask you what they should do...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2014, 11:11 AM

I've just flipped through the small handbook that was left on my bedside table in hospital in January. Apparently when I was discharged I should have been given a care plan and lifting instructions etc! So they did fail me, as I told the consultant last week!

I knew I wasn't going flippin mad. I shall make sure this time that I get told what I should be told.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-05-2014, 09:26 PM

Well the update here is the hospital people rang me about my letter and asked what I wanted to happen. I said I wasn't after anyone's blood, but I would be happy if they just owned up to the mistakes they had made and apologised, that's all. The lady said she would get the ward sister to ring me then. That was 2 days ago and so far - not a word!!

I heard from PALS last week that "The ward sister will look into Mum's records" . . . . Can only think she can't find them - or perhaps they're still looking for the ward sister even . . .

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top