Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 07:34 PM

Re: Menopause

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I wasn't making light of it Patsy, I really didn't suffer too badly when I hear others' experiences. As I say I still get the odd one and I sometimes wonder if they'll ever stop.....reading Gabi's post maybe not.
Keep googling something may turn up somewhere, I hope they ease for you very soon, fingers crossed.
Thank you Saucy
Goodnight - toast time
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 07:52 PM

LOL....Enjoy your toast!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 10:54 PM

When I was a work a number women were taking Black Cohosh from Boots, then there was a health scare connecting it to liver problems and it was withdrawn though is still available from a number of places including Holland and Barrett .
I tried it but am not sure if it improved things.

One thing that did was running my wrists under the cold water tap when I felt a flush coming on.
Wearing pure cotton underwear/nightdress and cotton sheets helped too
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2014, 06:49 AM

The taps running a lot - spent a fortune on bedding trying to find the ultimate cooling pillow - sheet etc - have ordered another pillow £25 !
Yes Black Cohosh I have taken, its good in one respect but not for the flushes.
There may be something I'm not aware of, I doubt it, but there may be .....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2014, 08:46 AM

I am finding some foods cause them to be worse than others for me avoiding anything like tomatoes or citrus, less wheat and grains, porridge really sets me off for a bad day.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2014, 10:39 AM

I am starting to think I am one of the lucky ones as I have not had any major hot flushes as yet. I am in my late 50's and when I hear of what other people have gone through I just look at them.

I also asked the doctor how long I could expect the menopause to go on for and she also stated the 80 year old who was still having them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2014, 10:53 AM

[QUOTE=Patsy;442688]The taps running a lot - spent a fortune on bedding trying to find the ultimate cooling pillow - sheet etc - have ordered another pillow £25 !
There may be something I'm not aware of, I doubt it, but there may be .....[/QUOTE]

Hi Patsy, have you tried Sage? A lady I used to work with always recommended it as it worked for her, so it's worth a try to see if it does it for you.
A herbal book I have says:
"Hot flushes are the most common symptom of menopause. A tea made from sage can help relieve the flushes; the strong astringent properties of sage reduce perspiration by up to 50%.

8 fl ozs boiling water
2 teaspoons dried sage

Pour the boiling water over the sage. Cover, steep for ten minutes, and strain. Sweeten if desired, and drink a cup before bed time or as needed throughout the day."

I believe you can also buy it in capsule or tablet form from health shops, or if you wanted the homeopathic version, ring the very helpful lady at "Ainsworth's Pharmacy" for a chat and advice. Tel: 020 7935 5330 and she will mail order it.

Hope that's of help. x
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2014, 11:06 AM

It's not perspiration I get, just the creeping of heat, which overwhelms me. I am sick of putting on a dressing gown when I get chilly, then rushing to remove it when I begin to get hot. Then getting cold again. It's maddening.

Mine have been going on since November 2003, and I was kinda hoping they'd stop soon. Can't believe it could be for life!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2014, 11:16 AM

Aah. The joys of being a woman!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

15-04-2014, 12:36 PM

[QUOTE=Mups;442805]
Originally Posted by Patsy ->
The taps running a lot - spent a fortune on bedding trying to find the ultimate cooling pillow - sheet etc - have ordered another pillow £25 !
There may be something I'm not aware of, I doubt it, but there may be .....[/QUOTE]

Hi Patsy, have you tried Sage? A lady I used to work with always recommended it as it worked for her, so it's worth a try to see if it does it for you.
A herbal book I have says:
"Hot flushes are the most common symptom of menopause. A tea made from sage can help relieve the flushes; the strong astringent properties of sage reduce perspiration by up to 50%.

8 fl ozs boiling water
2 teaspoons dried sage

Pour the boiling water over the sage. Cover, steep for ten minutes, and strain. Sweeten if desired, and drink a cup before bed time or as needed throughout the day."

I believe you can also buy it in capsule or tablet form from health shops, or if you wanted the homeopathic version, ring the very helpful lady at "Ainsworth's Pharmacy" for a chat and advice. Tel: 020 7935 5330 and she will mail order it.

Hope that's of help. x
Very good of you Mups - as I cant stand Sage - I will opt for the capsules, tried them way back (tablets) but were a very high strength, not good for me, so I'll go to Barretts and get a 'normal' dose, then I can increase as I go along ....
Worth a try xx

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top