Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2014, 12:47 PM

Re: Menopause

I used the sage capsules for years, they take a few weeks to 'kick in' as it were but they do work very well. Another thing I have done in the past is, believe it or not, suck on a frozen tip top or even an ice lolly, yeah I know, sounds obvious, but it works almost instantly.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2014, 12:49 PM

It does work instantly, for me though I could get through a box as the coolness is short lived.
Nice though for that short time ......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2014, 10:46 PM

[QUOTE=Patsy;442849]
Originally Posted by Mups ->
Very good of you Mups - as I cant stand Sage - I will opt for the capsules, tried them way back (tablets) but were a very high strength, not good for me, so I'll go to Barretts and get a 'normal' dose, then I can increase as I go along ....
Worth a try xx

You might be better with the homeopathic format then Patsy? I have always found Ainsworths very helpful if you talk to them.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2014, 01:02 AM

I went through that at about 48 yrs old & mine were at their worst that year & I'd still get them the next year but less often.
Last year & this year (I'm 51 now), I don't think I've noticed them. Everyone is different. My husband made me a hand fan, lol during my 1st year having H.F.'s.

My doc also said they can linger off & on for years. I get hot normally anyway (why I dislike our bl**dy hot summers) but I got used to the spells.

Hopefully you'll be lucky & won't have them for long. Did your mother have a long history of hot flashes? I don't know if it has anything to do with your situation but maybe.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2014, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I am starting to think I am one of the lucky ones as I have not had any major hot flushes as yet. I am in my late 50's and when I hear of what other people have gone through I just look at them.

I also asked the doctor how long I could expect the menopause to go on for and she also stated the 80 year old who was still having them.
I too knew a very old lady who continued to have them, so there's no hard and fast rules. I'm 64 now and still have them occasionally, but I believe Oil of Evening Primrose tablets help me. Some peoples' experiences are worse than others. For some it lessens, for others it continues. Like period pains. For some it puts folk into bed for a week, but others sail through it having little or no pain, if you're lucky. 'Tis a lottery.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2014, 03:34 PM

Never had a hot flash... not even one. I did have a few episodes of night sweats.. and a lot of insomnia..also some pretty horrid migraines however now... not even that. Been throught with that whole mess for 13 years
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 01:21 PM

Ladies, as a man, you all have my heartfelt sympathy. As a gender, it appears that you have the thin edge of the wedge. I do hope you find some relief Patsy,
16 years is a very long time. H
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 01:24 PM

Thank you so much H
And - I agree, us ladies do get a raw deal, we should be 'so' respected and loved and admired .......for all we put up with in life
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 01:34 PM

You all have my utmost respect H
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-04-2014, 01:38 PM

Mutual respect ......

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top