Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2014, 12:41 AM

Re: Accepting old age?

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
That is the biggggg problem - someone has .
OK prove it
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2014, 07:09 AM

Just get on with living your life Mark........and enjoy it while you can.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2014, 07:18 AM

You may not like growing old but - consider the alternative !
Just make the most of every day.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2014, 09:34 AM

I think it is pointless dwelling on 'age' which I think has very little to do with calculating ones fitness or ability to do things. Granted many people do become less fit with age and some tasks undoubtably become harder to accomplish.

In my 60s I certainly don't have the stamina I once had but I think to some extent fitness it is an attitude of mind.

As I have said before whatever the weather and my state of health I am walking the fields with my dog in the early morning while my young neighbours are still in bed .

I think we should try to get the best we can from each day in any way we can regardless of age
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2014, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think it is pointless dwelling on 'age' which I think has very little to do with calculating ones fitness or ability to do things. Granted many people do become less fit with age and some tasks undoubtably become harder to accomplish.

In my 60s I certainly don't have the stamina I once had but I think to some extent fitness it is an attitude of mind.

As I have said before whatever the weather and my state of health I am walking the fields with my dog in the early morning while my young neighbours are still in bed .

I think we should try to get the best we can from each day in any way we can regardless of age
I fully agree with you Meg. It's very rare I think about my age except that I deliberately avoid overdoing things.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2014, 09:45 AM

Most of the time I feel less anxious and more positive than I ever did but not really any older than I was at 20

Life for me has only just got going and I like it
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2014, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

My current fitness seems to involve my knees much more than my mind. In the past I could walk all day every day with no ill effects. Nowadays, a 10 mile walk with the dogs leaves me with very painful knees. Doesn't stop me though!
Gaby
New Member!
Isle of Wight
Gaby is female 

18-05-2014, 11:36 AM

I do not feel any older than I did in my forties! It is just a bit of a shock when I see this old lady looking at me from the mirror.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2014, 07:08 PM

The sooner you accept it the easier it becomes to live with, in my opinion. I realised I was getting old when I hit 50 and knowing there was absolutely nothing I could do to prevent it I decided to make the best of it. When you've reached the top of the hill the trick is to be carefree and slowly slide down the other side, not fall down crying.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2014, 10:04 AM

I have decided just to get on with life, I try not to worry about my age (but I do) I still think I can do as much as I used to do but my knees and my breathing have other ideas.

I cannot believe I have got to this age so quickly. I too cannot do as much exercise as I once did or drink as much as I used to do.

The sun was shining this week end and it cheered me up no end. Oh the strength a bit of sun can bring.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top