Join for free
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 04:24 PM

Scan waiting times

In April my GP requested a scan for me, fed up with waiting I rang her secretary to find out what was going on. She gave me the direct number for the hospital department, I rang and got an appointment for Monday! I wonder how long I would have had to wait if I hadn't phoned!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 04:25 PM

Re: Scan waiting times

Ridiculous. No one in these departments 'knows' what the other is doing !
What a bloomin farce !
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 04:36 PM

I'd been really ill over the weekend, tried to get appointment with my GP who wasn't available so I saw another who said, " get an appointment with your GP" It's impossible to get one with my GP the next pre-bookable was end June and if you phone for same day one, it's engaged at *am when it opens and by the time you get through they're all gone!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 04:40 PM

I know - I just cant take it and the stress for you is piling on, which they seem to dismiss !
Really makes me angry, the way things are going in this country
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 04:41 PM

You might find out in the end that your Doctor had sent a letter for the scan. This sounds easy until you find out that letters to be written for scans and other things have to be sent to Malaysia to be TYPED
I received a letter dated 9th May on Friday last the 23rd of May.
It is cheaper to have them typed there.
A few months ago it was on the East Midlands news that there was hundreds
of people ringing their Doctors asking where and when their scan would take place. One was my Son. It was then stated that they had a back log
of over 10,000 letters waiting in Malaysia.
They then had to hire as many Medical Secretaries as possible in the UK to get rid of this back log. They paid them treble time which meant most were earning
wait for it
£35 per hour.
Kid you not. Its ridiculous trying to save money and costing more.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

28-05-2014, 04:46 PM

She did it on computer according to her secretary so it should have been there within seconds.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I'd been really ill over the weekend, tried to get appointment with my GP who wasn't available so I saw another who said, " get an appointment with your GP"
Why couldn't that doctor help you? why did he say see your own GP?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2014, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Why couldn't that doctor help you? why did he say see your own GP?
They often do Pats, I have an appointment this afternoon tried with my own doctor early last month nothing available so I have one with the least popular doctor in the practise today, but my guess is he will do what he usually does and brush off the concerns and say make an appointment with my own doctor. This is the man who refused to look at my eye when I was having problems and that turned out to be a cancer. I am guessing that is one of the reasons he has free appointments -no one trusts him.

Ran out of tablets yesterday so hoping for a repeat if he can rouse himself from his stupor ! But have no confidence he will bother.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top