Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 09:25 PM

absolutely fuming

This week i saw an article about the Job centres being given targets to sanction people or sanctioned them selves ..that is blackmail..that is bad enough ...today i saw this job add on my local job centre job site ...just look at this ...£18 per hour for someone to decide if you can have benefits ...that is absolutely diabolical this is more proof that our government is penalising the disadvantaged and prepared to pay for it ....

Benefit Assessment Officer
Temporary
£12.00-£18.00 per hour
Ipswich, Suffolk
0.5 miles
24/05/2012
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 10:03 PM

Re: absolutely fuming

Are you going for it Steve?
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 07:23 AM

Steve, do not blame the government, they do not set the rates for jobs, they are negotiated by the UNIONS, so if you want to blame someone Blame the stupid UNIONS who have price British workers out of the Jobs market.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 08:27 AM

Get your Application in quick lol. Good Money not to be Sneezed at. If you don't get an Interview then you can chuck it in their Faces next time they have a go at you lol lol......Good Luck.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 08:42 AM

I have standards ...I could not bring myself to do that sort of job......I know some people have to be sanctioned because they are genuine scroungers but wot about the others ...i know it is a set up , cos both my wife and daughter got sanctioned......My wife was given a job to apply for....she had NO qualifications for the job and when she phoned it they told her there was no point applying ....she lost her JSA for 3 months....my daughter lost hers for 3 weeks because some ''###@@" wrote a malicious letter saying she had a full time job whilst claiming JSA when she did not ...she got sanctioned ..guilty before innocent....the whole system sucks how can there be fairness when you have a quota to meet...
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

25-05-2012, 08:50 AM

£18 an hour is hardly a lot of money!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 09:11 AM

Perhaps your wife should have applied for the job regardless UKmartian and then she probably would have not lost her JSA. It is hard these days for the genuine person who wants to work and I hope your situation doesn't go on for too long.

My son works for a government funded training and dvelopment company, aimed at the long term unemployed, ex offenders and those with alcohol and drug problems. They find a lot of people actually don't want work - don't intend to - and just go through the motions of trying, but will do almost anything to avoid working, particularly if there is only a small financial difference between working and being on benefits which removes the incentive to find work. He says that if someone comes through his door and really wants work he can and does work with them to find them work and/or the apapropriate training programme to make someone employable, but the problem is that there are some people working hard at avoidance and they don't intend to come off benefits. It's become a way of life which they are content with, unlike those who have been used to working all their lives and through no fault of their own now find themselves unemployed. Please don't despair, take all the help which is offered - it is out there - I do hope things sort themselves out soon and that you will find a job in the near future.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
£18 an hour is hardly a lot of money!
Come on Willow - it's not a bad rate of pay - many are on a good deal less - and its a lot higher than the minimum wage. Do you go to work?
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

25-05-2012, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Come on Willow - it's not a bad rate of pay - many are on a good deal less - and its a lot higher than the minimum wage. Do you go to work?
I have never needed to work since I married 43 years ago, my husband provided for the family more than adequately, thank goodness.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

25-05-2012, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
I have never needed to work since I married 43 years ago, my husband provided for the family more than adequately, thank goodness.
Well some might consider you very fortunate Willow - it's hard for a lot of folks out there without a safety net.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top