Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2014, 08:10 PM

Re: chimney swept

Originally Posted by plantman ->
So why then did you need the chimney sweeping...
good housekeeping and the standardWE like to keep. Just imagine if all that fell down? what a mess it would make.

Also I already mention about insurance if you read it.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2014, 09:19 PM

I installed a small glass-fronted wood burning stove when I first bought this place. Primarily as a back-up as I put in a combi-boiler at the same time.
As I'm right next to the beach,there's LOADS of old wood always lying about so I just heft the good stuff onto my shoulder and take it home.
Stick it in one of the sheds for a couple of months-hey presto-wood that burns with a blue flame,leaving VERY little ash. I sweep the chimney myself,as it's a very easy job-but the very first time I did it,you would not believe the number of old birds nests jammed in the flue! So now,prior to '1st burning' I give it a quick sweep out.Only takes a half-hour. It's hard to beat the pleasure of a wood fire crackling happily to itself as the kettle boils on top of it and pooches & pussycats vie for space,all upside down and snoring...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2014, 11:17 PM

I hope you are not stacking timber in Fred's Shed.
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2014, 08:48 AM

Even though I have central heating which would warm the house without having to use my wood burning stoves I always have a "proper" fire every day in at least one room simply because I get so much pleasure sitting in front of. Its also cheaper to have a fire than use the central heating because every winter OAP's in Hungary receive a delivery of free logs courtesy of the Hungarian government.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top