Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 04:27 PM

Re: house price increase

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
What totally disgusts me is that the planning authorities in the UK allow 'rabbit hutch' houses to be built. The UK has the smallest average new house size in Europe - smaller than Ireland, Netherlands, Germany etc.. and a little over half the size of the average Danish house.

Of course, this ' build them small, build them cheap, cram them in' approach maximises the profit for the builders. If I was cynical, I'd ask what the planners who allowed this are getting out of it.
On the other hand, if I want to downsize here in rural Ireland it is nigh on impossible to buy a small house as the builders all want to build oversized places...
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
What totally disgusts me is that the planning authorities in the UK allow 'rabbit hutch' houses to be built. The UK has the smallest average new house size in Europe - smaller than Ireland, Netherlands, Germany etc.. and a little over half the size of the average Danish house.If I was cynical, I'd ask what the planners who allowed this are getting out of it.
Money. Loads of lovely, lovely money Grumble.

Money they can bathe in.

Money they can use as wallpaper.

Money they can use as toilet paper.

Money-Money-Money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRNYqsMIbg0

stevmk2
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 06:57 PM

Ever tried getting a car into a new build garage?? maybe if you have a mini car.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top