Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
seacroft
york
seacroft is male  seacroft has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 04:44 PM

I Am Of To Asda For My Glasses

My bowling mate has just obtained a pair of Varifocal specs complete to his prescription for £40 !!!

They look great so its off to Asda for me.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 04:47 PM

Re: I Am Of To Asda For My Glasses

good old Asda price!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 05:00 PM

Are they any good though?

Mum went to specsavers a couple of years ago. She ordered glasses which they lost so she ordered again but when she picked them up and tried them on the lens fell out! It was the wrong size and the wrong prescription..

Finally after about 3 months she did get her glasses but she doesnt want to go back there this time and cant really afford the 'posh' optician near her.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->

Mum went to specsavers a couple of years ago. She ordered glasses which they lost so she ordered again but when she picked them up and tried them on the lens fell out! It was the wrong size and the wrong prescription..

Finally after about 3 months she did get her glasses but she doesnt want to go back there this time and cant really afford the 'posh' optician near her.
If she has a prescription have a look at glasses direct, excellent prices and we have found very good quality too.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 05:06 PM

Thanks Julie but shes only got her Ipad as of today I think trusting to order anything online is going to take a while yet!
seacroft
york
seacroft is male  seacroft has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->

Then she should have used her feet and walked away with a full refund.

She will have no problem with Asda my mate is no fool if he says they are good then they are.
seacroft
york

20-03-2015, 05:17 PM

If its single lenses your after then use

www.specs-by-post.co.uk

I have used them for five years for my family's specs not paid more than £20 and they often arrive in less than 48 hours
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 10:38 PM

Someone suggested Asda to me after I fell out big time with Specsavers but since I also have varifocals I was a bit reluctant, there are so many variations with the lenses that I decided to try a local independent optician. I really can't see how anyone can get decent glasses and lenses for £40 , really so think that price for varifocals seems a bit too cheap.. just my opinion
seacroft
york

21-03-2015, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Someone suggested Asda to me after I fell out big time with Specsavers but since I also have varifocals I was a bit reluctant, there are so many variations with the lenses that I decided to try a local independent optician. I really can't see how anyone can get decent glasses and lenses for £40 , really so think that price for varifocals seems a bit too cheap.. just my opinion
My friend has told me that if you cant get on with the specs Asda will give a full refund in the first month from purchase.

There are a lot of opticians with very fancy shops with enhanced lighting lots of unnecessary staff which you have to pay for, Asda keep it simple but professional add to that their large buying power and thats it.

Give them a try you have nothing to loose.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 02:49 AM

Why scrimp on seeing properly? Get a decent pair of specs, You have a couple of years to save up for the next pair.

I think my last pair cost about $600 - multifocal, photochromic lenses, titanium frame should last at least a couple of years. That's only $5/6 a week, less than a packet of fags.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top