Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 08:31 PM

E.Mail v Paper

It annoys me that companies assume you want your bills.acc,details on line.Three of my accounts have been put on line without me being asked re this and ,as I wish to have paper bills at present, I have had to contact them to change . Why should they assume that because you are on the intrnet you want your accs. on line ?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 08:36 PM

Re: E.Mail v Paper

I suppose it’s cheaper for company’s to do everything on line these days, how much does a stamp cost these days.?
I do prefer my accounts on line but I like to print off a monthly copy just for my files.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 08:45 PM

I do similar to Rehab. Any statements or notifications coming via e-mail I tend to read and then flag. When I have time I run the ones I might need off and file them.
I think more often than not you have to actually tick a box to say you want a paper notification. The bank tried to do this and told me because I had not responded with a "no" they took that as sanction to stop sending me a paper record. I now look more carefully at the small print on e-mails.
The most used companies I tend to archive their stuff and can always bring it back up if I need it. My OH still very much likes to have a paper record, so I can't do it with everything.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 08:52 PM

I have problems logging on to British gas,Some time ago I had to change my e.mail supplier and password.I notified B.G but they still have me down under my old mail,so consequently Im not receieving mail from them
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I have problems logging on to British gas,Some time ago I had to change my e.mail supplier and password.I notified B.G but they still have me down under my old mail,so consequently Im not receieving mail from them
How annoying. Tell them you are no longer using the internet.
Damn cheek!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I do similar to Rehab. Any statements or notifications coming via e-mail I tend to read and then flag. When I have time I run the ones I might need off and file them.
I think more often than not you have to actually tick a box to say you want a paper notification. The bank tried to do this and told me because I had not responded with a "no" they took that as sanction to stop sending me a paper record. I now look more carefully at the small print on e-mails.
The most used companies I tend to archive their stuff and can always bring it back up if I need it. My OH still very much likes to have a paper record, so I can't do it with everything.
I live in dread of losing all my on line accounts, so paper printouts every month or so of the important stuff is important to me.
You are right about the opting in/our procedures, you have to read the small print very carefully
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 10:09 PM

You ask, how much is a stamp. Well multiply that by all their customers!!!

I don't mind going paperless.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

01-03-2018, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
You ask, how much is a stamp. Well multiply that by all their customers!!!

I don't mind going paperless.
One of the reasons no doubt that company’s go paperless.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->

I often can't log in on B.G. too, Deylon.
Other times I can log in alright, but can't down load the latest statement. I've told them times about it.
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:32 PM

It annoys me when you want to register for anything and they say confirm who you are by sending a text on my phone.
Why do they all presume everyone has a mobile.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top