Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 12:48 PM

Re: What is Your ''Naughty'' Food

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I like ox tongue, I buy the sliced packs in Tesco for lunch sandwiches.
The memsahib has always cooked them fresh. Lambs tongues and pork (sold cooked as luncheon tongues) are now very hard to find. Same with veal.

In the case of ox tongue it's dead easy to do. Sea salt, pepper corns, and l.o.n.g. time simmering.in just enough water to keep covered.

Now the secret. While still hot pull the skin off the meat. It'll come off easy but obviously will be HOT.

Ideally in a meat press or a bowl with a close fitting lid that slides down inside the bowl and as many weights as possible on top allow to go cold

While it cools pressing squeezes the gelatin out of the meat and forms the jelly around the meat when it comes outside of the bowl.

Eat - and repeat!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The memsahib has always cooked them fresh. Lambs tongues and pork (sold cooked as luncheon tongues) are now very hard to find. Same with veal.

In the case of ox tongue it's dead easy to do. Sea salt, pepper corns, and l.o.n.g. time simmering.in just enough water to keep covered.

Now the secret. While still hot pull the skin off the meat. It'll come off easy but obviously will be HOT.

Ideally in a meat press or a bowl with a close fitting lid that slides down inside the bowl and as many weights as possible on top allow to go cold

While it cools pressing squeezes the gelatin out of the meat and forms the jelly around the meat when it comes outside of the bowl.

Eat - and repeat!
Sounds good, but I am not a person who cooks. The Tesco ready made is fine by me.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 05:31 PM

I swear, l haven’t had any for ages but my ‘naughty’ is... a pack of Gregg’s jam doughnuts and a pot of double cream that l whip!!
I think there are four in a pack, so l eat two and freeze the other two wrapped in tin foil and they are just as nice out of the freezer.

Well.... you gotta have sommat nice before you die!!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 07:35 PM

doesn't the cream go everywhere if you whip it
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Stollen....I’ve had to hide the packet...Lidl sell the most delicious stollen I have ever tasted.
Ms d00d's addicted too ... Lidl's Stollen used to be just for xmas, now the mini Stollens are appearing all year round.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top