Join for free
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 10:34 PM

What is it?

Coming back to the car today, I opened the boot lid to put the shopping in and my friend said "what on earth is that?"
Right above me was a big bright green spider ! Well no way was I getting in the car with thing lurking, but my friend, who is braver than me, got a tissue and knocked it off into the road. It was last seen scurrying off down the road. Itīs a bad photo which I took with my phone, from a safe distance. Does anyone know what kind of spider it is please?

lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 10:47 PM

Re: What is it?

I have no idea, but for a spider, it's rather pretty.
Maybe check online for an arachnology forum?
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 11:08 PM

We have these green spiders here in Florida and they are venemous
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 11:09 PM

I'm not good with links clumsy, so I hope this one works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_lynx_spider

There are some more pictures on there and the males look different to the females. Some pictures looked just like your photo.
Have a look at "Green Lynx Spiders" and see what you think.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 11:11 PM

Could it have been a Green Huntsman Spider, Loretta?

clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 02:07 AM

Thank you all for your replies. I donīt think it looked like the one in your link Mups, but it did look like the one in the photo from Mags, so possibly it was a Green Huntsman. If I wasnīt such a wimp I think I could have got a better photo, but I sort of panicked when it started to crawl along the car roof inside. I wasnīt getting in the car until it was gone, good job my friend is braver than me or we would still be in San Miguel.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 05:31 AM

That huntsman looks like he's been in very toxic water!
I kind of expect him to glow in the dark!
Oh lordie! Watch out for screaming female!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top