Join for free
Page 27 of 28 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 11:57 AM

Re: Had enough of the UK

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Somewhere brits seem to dislike fender!!
South Africa.
Apparently, parts of South Africa are quite nice; others are dangerous.

Marge went there a few years ago as part of her work and stayed in an upmarket hotel in Durban.
She thought she'd go for a walk one day just to see what was what and was told by the receptionist to go to the left (I think) by all means, but do not go to the right as it is really quite dangerous to go there!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Apparently, parts of South Africa are quite nice; others are dangerous.

Marge went there a few years ago as part of her work and stayed in an upmarket hotel in Durban.
She thought she'd go for a walk one day just to see what was what and was told by the receptionist to go to the left (I think) by all means, but do not go to the right as it is really quite dangerous to go there!
Thats true JBR, after the ANC came to ower the cities took turns
at being the most violent and all had their no go areas!
But it wasnt too bad untill they purged the white poice from the
force and things deteriorated rapidly, and you couldnt get the police
to respond to anything,( something like uk today?)😁
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, they have a point.

And, of course, successful brainwashing produces compliant slaves!
Shhhhh.......we don't want to lose any more statues.

I once considered a move to SA(when I worked for Emery Worldwide) after a job opportunity presented itself.

Unfortunately the expansion program was halted and the position closed.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by reg ->
Shhhhh.......we don't want to lose any more statues.

I once considered a move to SA(when I worked for Emery Worldwide) after a job opportunity presented itself.

Unfortunately the expansion program was halted and the position closed.
Val and I once considered a move to Port Elizabeth, even had a very good job offer waiting. Decided against it in the end because it meant giving up far too much in the way of benefits of the job in Italy (same company, though). As it happened, we would have been financially trapped there even until today.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Val and I once considered a move to Port Elizabeth, even had a very good job offer waiting. Decided against it in the end because it meant giving up far too much in the way of benefits of the job in Italy (same company, though). As it happened, we would have been financially trapped there even until today.
I also lived in Italy for a while. whilst working for Emery.

I very memorable period in my life.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Good decision Percy, but l enjoyed every minute, but as you say
My money was decimated by the exchange rate swindle and the
fees charged by the banks to move your money?
The problems there have got worse and its probably better we
came back although it irks me to see what uk has become!!

Donkeyman! 🤐🤐🤐
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 10:37 PM

If I still lived in mainland UK, I suspect I would have the same issues as others here. Must say that living on a British island - you get everything you can usually expect from living in the UK, fewer people around, cheaper property prices, fewer cars, a far greater choice of entertainment (normally)........as it's a tourist destination and the entertainers live here!

Worth considering....
reg
Manchester

12-06-2020, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
If I still lived in mainland UK, I suspect I would have the same issues as others here. Must say that living on a British island - you get everything you can usually expect from living in the UK, fewer people around, cheaper property prices, fewer cars, a far greater choice of entertainment (normally)........as it's a tourist destination and the entertainers live here!

Worth considering....
I once met Joanna Lumley there.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

12-06-2020, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->

Worth considering....
It certainly is Lindy by the sound of it?
Could be challenged by the lsle of Skye l think
We chose melton mowbray on account of the pies!!

Donkeyman! 👍😇👍
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

12-06-2020, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by reg ->
I once met Joanna Lumley there.
A lovely lady reg!!

Donkeyman! 😇😇😇

Page 27 of 28 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top