Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 11:39 AM

Re: BY contract.

Over 24 hours of testing internet access speed does seem faster - the line's the same, so it must be the super-duper new router:

https://www.zen.co.uk/home/broadband/router

FRITZ!Box 3490

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 01:07 AM

I had a courtesy call from Zen today to make sure everything was alright. I confirmed that it was but had a friendly chat anyway .....

I rang BT about their request to sent back their BT YouView PVR. I have hundreds of recordings on it. BT said the request was just an opportunity to return an unwanted device for recycling but, if I wanted the device, I should ignore the request. Everything works on the device except BT TV so I'm delighted to be able to keep the device .....

Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 10:20 AM

Omah I'm glad you are happy with your new broadband. I left BT and changed over to Plusnet. For a week there were little problems with the broadband but now it seems to have settled down. Ive disconnected the home phone after getting some dodgy phone calls but that doesnt matter as I use my mobile instead.

I must admit I'm still a little suspicious that when I was with BT my broadband suddenly became really dodgy with slow speeds and drop outs where it just went off all together after two and a half years trouble free while at the same time BT were pushing their new faster broadband in the area by letter, email and phone calls.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top