Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 10:30 AM

Re: Do I cancel?

Please please do not travel. Government advice is to stay home. This will not only protect you but also the community to which you were planning to go. Not only will you put more strain on the shops in that area but be advised that many rural communities do not have hospitals with ITU wards. I should be very surprised if the owners of the property would be willing for you to come anyway. Ring them and discuss. I say again, PLEASE DO NOT TRAVEL.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Going to have to have a look at the details, I think I can cancel so many weeks before,to allow them to re let the apartment with no penalty, but in these times it’s difficult to know if that still applies
Where in Devon are you going Primus?

We also have an appartment booked for July, we’ve only paid the deposit so far but we will be cancelling ours later.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by sparky ->
You should get a full refund as you have been told by the government not to travel, this is not going to be over by the time your holiday is due, plus even once we see a drop in the number of cases they won't lift travel restrictions for a long time. there's no way they'll risk letting one or two people start it all up again, go for the refund now.
So far as I know ,when you book a holiday you enter into a contract . You can’t claim a refund from the other person simply because of disinclination to travel whatever the reason.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Where in Devon are you going Primus?

We also have an appartment booked for July, we’ve only paid the deposit so far but we will be cancelling ours later.
Torquay mags,
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 07:36 PM

Ok, had an email from the holiday company, as it stands, if we cancel we’re not entitled to a refund but we can change the dates and take it later, so atm we’ll just hold off cancelling unless we have further info
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 10:09 PM

Primus I think it was announced the other day that most companies were allowing change of date .
Unless your insurance covers cancellation due to an incident such as this , and mine does for which I paid an extra £18.50 on a yearly policy , you would be better taking the alternative date option up in my opinion ,considering you’ve paid the full cost . How far ahead are they allowing you ?
Many a happy holiday in Torquay I’ve had ,know it like the back of my hand .
Primus1
York

26-03-2020, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Primus I think it was announced the other day that most companies were allowing change of date .
Unless your insurance covers cancellation due to an incident such as this , and mine does for which I paid an extra £18.50 on a yearly policy , you would be better taking the alternative date option up in my opinion ,considering you’ve paid the full cost . How far ahead are they allowing you ?
Many a happy holiday in Torquay I’ve had ,know it like the back of my hand .
Well, as I said we are insured through our house insurance so if the worst happens, we can claim on that, if they offer us a later date then we’ll take it ( so long as it’s not in the winter) , we’ll give it a bit longer and see what happens..
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 07:15 AM

Stay the feck away from Devon,we've only had one case announced so far at the NDDH we don't want the virus.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 09:52 AM

I think I would cancel especially if as you say you are covered by insurance if the holiday company won't refund. I don't think it's likely this thing will be over by then ....l would cancel.
Primus1
York

27-03-2020, 04:00 PM

Well we have cancelled, or rather deferred until next year, a shame but it’s the right thing to do, if things go back to some normality then we can go somewhere

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top