Join for free
Page 51 of 56 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 53 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 08:13 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Dominic Cummings visited parents' home while he had symptoms

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Its 8pm

I'm "Clapping for Cummings" ...
I'll crap for Cummings ... is that any good?
In years to come the ballot box will tell ... unless Boris has that parasitic conjoined twin surgically removed from his .. hmm. .. head? Bum?

I really really hope Labour's Starmer is halfway electable ...
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
In years to come the ballot box will tell ... unless Boris has that parasitic conjoined twin surgically removed from his .. hmm. .. head? Bum?

It's now or never for Labour. Cummings has dragged the public's approval rating of the Conservatives right down. Many say this issue with Cummings is political, political or not, the Tories are ripe for the taking which means Starmer needs to step up and be noted. If he keeps on politically attacking Boris and the Conservatives over the Cummings issue then he and Labour will not succeed because all it will show is that both leaders are playing tit for tat. This is the perfect time and opportunity for Starmer to show the Labour party and the UK public just what kind of man he is and what kind of a party leader he is capable of being.

Unfortunately I think he is going to be a clown like Corbyn was and he's going to blow it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Just check out his title.
So you have no evidence? He's a temporary civil servant unless you can provide some published evidence that's not the case? Because you are just making an assertion without any facts. So let's just agree this is your opinion, which of course you are entitled to nurture and embellish but until you have some proof then an opinion it will stay.

Whereas here is my proof :

https://assets.publishing.service.go...l_Advisers.pdf

If you care to scroll down you will see that Dominic is listed as a "special adviser". Special advisers are temporary civil servants.

If you have any proof to the contrary please provide it otherwise please stop correcting me.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 09:10 PM

That gave me a chuckle Morti

You could certainly sense the tension with the scientific advisers today. When Chris responded to the question asked by the vulnerable shielding mum he made a point of very diplomatically correcting the non answer given by his leader.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 10:09 PM

If you look at the ballot boxes in 2016 and 2019 it should give you a clue

Starmer is hiding. Labour needed a new leader, they got lightweight Starmer.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That gave me a chuckle Morti

You could certainly sense the tension with the scientific advisers today. When Chris responded to the question asked by the vulnerable shielding mum he made a point of very diplomatically correcting the non answer given by his leader.

If you want a really good laugh look where labour is in the polls. Still way behind the tories
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

28-05-2020, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
If you want a really good laugh look where labour is in the polls. Still way behind the tories
Unlike some here, I'm not a fervent labour supporter, but I see the gap is closing this week. Labour have a good chance of winning with Starmer. They had no chance with Corbyn. Of course it matters not, there's no election for years is there?
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 10:38 PM

Boris is not allowing the press to ask questions about Cummings to the others at the daily briefings.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/28/boris...tion-12772723/

Boris said the questions about Cummings are political and as such they are not in a position to answer. ITV's reporter disagreed and said they are because Cummings actions has caused a break down in lockdown and social distancing which directly relate to the job function and decision making of both the chief scientific officer and chief medical officer.

Boris keeps on digging that hole deeper and deeper for himself.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

28-05-2020, 10:42 PM

I stopped watching before that Laura incident happened but there's a whole twitter storm. He was doing a terrible job of answering questions up to when I switched off. I couldn't bear to watch any more after yet another non-answer. He should in particular give members of the public asking questions the respect of a full answer. Unlike the press it's not like the public can come back if the answer is just sympathetic waffle.
Dodge
Kent, UK

28-05-2020, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I stopped watching before that Laura incident happened but there's a whole twitter storm. He was doing a terrible job of answering questions up to when I switched off. I couldn't bear to watch any more after yet another non-answer. He should in particular give members of the public asking questions the respect of a full answer. Unlike the press it's not like the public can come back if the answer is just sympathetic waffle.
Does what all politicians do best when they know there can be no followup question, avoid the answer by providing a non-answer.

Page 51 of 56 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 53 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top